Luck or Success? - Posted by bo

Posted by steve r on March 23, 1999 at 18:05:00:

“good fortune favors the bold”

from the Richest man in Babylon

Luck or Success? - Posted by bo

Posted by bo on March 22, 1999 at 17:24:18:

“I’m a firm believer in luck,and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.”

-Thomas Jefferson
“The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.”
-Benjamin Disraeli

Have a good day!

Re: Luck or Success? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on March 23, 1999 at 19:24:25:

Luck = Random chance.

Other than from a lottery ticket, how many millionaires have you ever heard of that got that way through luck. How many business owners, outstanding teachers, presidents or governors, olympic atheletes, etc. got to where they are because of luck? The numbers are very few. These people have worked very hard and very long and have taken many risks to get where they are.

In FL the odds of winning the lotto are something like 1 in 6million. And with 10 million or so residents and millions more tourist someone wins almost every week. Is it luck that they win? Or is it the fact that there are more people than the odds. Now if the same person won the lotto 2 or 3 times, I might consider them lucky. I wonder how many winners we would have, if there were only 500,000 people in the state and no tourists. Probably only 5 or 10 a year, if that.

Re: Luck or Success? - Posted by BankRobber

Posted by BankRobber on March 23, 1999 at 17:44:14:

“chance favors the prepared mind”
-Louie Pasteur (prob. spelled wrong)

Re: Luck or Success? - Posted by Reif

Posted by Reif on March 22, 1999 at 23:19:15:

I think the saying is:

“Luck is what happens when opportunity meets preparation.”

Wish I could take credit for it - but it’s an oldie.

Reif

Re: Luck or Success? - Posted by Millie I.

Posted by Millie I. on March 22, 1999 at 18:43:52:

There is no such thing as LUCK.

If you want something to happen, and you do everything you need to make it happen, it WILL happen, you have to BELIEVE in yourself.

Statistics shows that many people that won lottery tickets end up bankrupt in a few years.

If you build yourself up on solid ground, nothing can
take you down, you can always pop back up.

There is a higher chance of you becoming a millioneer from your own efforts than winning a lottery ticket.

Millie I.

But a Goodie (nt) - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on March 23, 1999 at 04:39:48: