M-a-r-k-e-t-i-n-g-- B r-e-a-k-t-h-r-o-u-g-h - Posted by Houserookie

? - Posted by Glen

Posted by Glen on January 11, 2001 at 11:27:25:

I’m not sure I understand what you are saying here or what your disagreement with what I posted is. I guess I don’t recognize your feedback as being what I posted. Maybe my communication was weak. I think the internet will continue to be a bigger factor in connecting people for real estate transactions. Some of my best prospects are coming from web sites…other people’s web sites that I don’t have to spend time or resources on so I can spend time talking to prospective sellers and buyers – my main mission.

I am not against anyone creating their own web site or using someone else’s web site. I just want to keep my focus on finding and doing deals, preferrably the most profitable deals. I don’t think anyone can be all things to all people. However, I do think eventually just about everyone will have a web site to promote their business. My post was mainly to point out that in the creative real estate business, I think whatever system you use for marketing has to match the timing of your prospect. Make sure your message is there when they are most receptive, not after you have them going a different direction

My marketing message is simple. Using e-mail, post cards, ads, and telephone calls, I let people know that I buy real estate for cash or terms for a fast close. If my message gets in the hands of enough motivated sellers, I will have enough people to talk to. Then it is a matter of having the right “tools” – PacTrust, lease-purchase, etc…

By-the-way, I am knowledgeable about HTML, CGI, SQL, etc. and understand the resources it takes to create a good web site. I just don’t want techniques to get in the way of marketing and deal doing, my main mission. That works for me today…tomorrow I may change my ways.

Re: M-a-r-k-e-t-i-n-g-- B r-e-a-k-t-h-r-o-u-g-h - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on January 11, 2001 at 02:18:33:

I’m sure u get my point…

: )

Marketing Suggestion - Posted by HOuserookie

Posted by HOuserookie on January 12, 2001 at 10:59:16:

I think you are right on this one. It doesn’t make
any sense to lure everyone for a free listing.

That will only delay time and energy. Just another
FREE listing site.

After loooking over some more sites I think few
are making any money because they only focus on the
free listng part.

thanks again

Houserookie