Marketing Large Executive Home - Posted by Marc NJ

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on September 19, 2002 at 20:03:59:

Thanks for the follow-up. I just had to know how someone would lay out a house that huge, but only needed/wanted 2 bedrooms.

Marketing Large Executive Home - Posted by Marc NJ

Posted by Marc NJ on September 17, 2002 at 21:37:36:

I’m wondering if any one has ever tried to sell a nonconforming house.Any ideas will be appreciated.
This house only has 2 BR and 2 1/2 baths, but the house is approx 4000 sq. ft., and that does not include the 8 car attatched garage. Living,dining and family rooms are HUGE, but the two bedrooms are only average size, approx. 12x16. I signed a P/A for 225k with owner carry of 25k for 1 yr. The house comps at 300+K on 5 ac.,most hproperties in the area are 1 ac. or less. It does need a little work, mainly because the last owners started to frame out another B/R and bath.,kitchen cabinets are all missing the door faces. Other than that its clean.
Anyone have any ideas on how to market this uncommon house. Thanks for the imput in advance.

Re: It’s large, but what kind of rooms are in it? - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on September 18, 2002 at 09:40:54:

2 bedrooms and 4,000 sqft?

What is all that room used for?

Library, Den, Rec-Room, Family Room, Billiard Parlor, 2 Offices, Multimedia Room, etc… What does this property have as a layout with only 2 bedrooms?

For my wife and I, this sounds like an ideal place. A bedroom for us and 1 for visiting guests. Then the rest of the house is used for day to day activities.

Re: It’s large, but what kind of rooms are in it? - Posted by Marc NJ

Posted by Marc NJ on September 19, 2002 at 19:37:03:

The rooms in this house a huge, these are all approximates:
Kitchen 16x24
breakfast nook 12x10
family room 38x22
den 38x22
dining room 20x28
entrance foyer 16x20
2 bed rooms 16x20 ea.
2 1/2 baths normal sizes
att. garage 40x16
det. garage 2 car
The sellers were into a mail order business and the one either family room or den has an area in the back with about 100 phone lines behind closet doors, also the guy was a corvette car nut. It also has a concrete slab on the side of the house for show cars.
This house is unique in many ways, if your interested give me a call.It is 12 years old with a new roof and siding. You have to see it to appreciate it.
I’m wondering how to market such a house.
Good luck,
Marc
609-597-2044