Marketing - Posted by wayne

Posted by Rich-CA on June 06, 2007 at 09:09:38:

I don’t disagree with you. I used to call just so the mailer would have feedback. At least know someone had read the card. Now I just toss them before leaving the post office. I was trying to explain why perhaps the effectiveness lessens, but maybe it wasn’t all that effective to begin with. Though one solid deal would pay for years of mailings…

Marketing - Posted by wayne

Posted by wayne on June 04, 2007 at 08:57:51:

I’m looking to up my monthly purchases, and obviously improved marketing is the way to go about that.

I’ve done the “We Buy Houses” bandit signs and magnets. Direct mail to out of town owners.

What else are you doing? What are you finding gives you the most success?

Re: Marketing - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on June 09, 2007 at 14:05:35:

I have been mailing Post Cards and Greeting Cards to houses where owners have owned them for 10 years or longer and to Non Owner Occupied. My mailing is small. But I get about 50 calls per month.

Re: Marketing - Posted by CTR

Posted by CTR on June 05, 2007 at 16:58:50:

Wayne…did you have any success with bandit signs or mailers to absentee owners?

Seems like mailing or door knocking NOD’s has too much competition.

You can make offers on motivated’s on the MLS, bank owned. The question is, how do you get incoming calls from motivated sellers?

What about postcards to certain lists of homeowners from title company sources?

Re: Marketing - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on June 04, 2007 at 22:53:17:

Just a comment. I am an out of town investor wherever we invest and get these in the mail regularly. I used to contact the sender to let them know we were not interested, figuring feedback was useful. I stopped bothering. I have a feeling a lot of others do the same thing. Which may be why these methods have declining yields.

Re: Marketing - Posted by readandreact

Posted by readandreact on June 05, 2007 at 20:25:00:

I could never figure out how the mailer made any money off continually mailing me. If they’d looked at the original deal, they would have instantly seen it as an investor deal, complete with land trusts. Who knows? It’s probably all automated mailing list driven.

Re: Marketing - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on June 05, 2007 at 21:50:35:

Personally, I think they are looking for investors who want to get out. In fact, I’m currently working a deal that came through my agent from an investor who is liquidating.

Re: Marketing - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on June 06, 2007 at 05:49:19:

Rich,

When I get calls or emails for removal, I take care of it, but I’d rather pay the extra 45 to 70 cents to keep mailing you than take the time to search my list to remove you. Then, I also have to keep a record to remove you from future lists. Just because you guys don’t want to sell, doesn’t mean others feel the same way. I also wouldn’t avoid obvious investors since they might own multiple properties and want to sell in bulk at a discount.

–Natalie