May I have everyone's attention please? - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Myra Placencia on March 21, 2001 at 11:59:30:

I really need some help…I have a 12 years old son soon to be 13 He has no respect for athority. I’m trying to find facilities fro boys boot camp discipline schools something. I have exausted all of my resources. The juvenille authority in Sacramento CA say we don’t have any places like that. I am begging for help from anyone who can

May I have everyone’s attention please? - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Kevin on January 20, 2001 at 16:25:41:

Just the other night I unknowingly violated the policies sanctioned by www.creonline.com. I attempted to post what I now know is a scam. A scam involving taking the exact same article posted containing 6 names and addresses and copying it to your own file so that you can make the necessary adjustments to the article. Adjustments that include eliminating the top name on the list, bumping the other 5 names on that list up one notch in the same order, and therefore placing your own name and address in the number 6 spot. The idea is to send the each of the previous 6 names on the list one dollar and a piece of paper saying, “please add me to the mailing list”. Afterwards, you take your edited version of the article and try to post that article on as many message boards as possible, in high hopes of people responding and sending you money, and the cycle continues on and on.

I did not write the article or advertisement. I copied it from someone who, in turn, copied it from someone else before. Nobody knows who originally wrote the article. Some people actually did accomplish posting many copies of their own modified version of the article throughout numerous newsgroups, including www.creonline.com, although I have no idea how they got away with it. I, however, made a couple of attempts at posting my modified version of the article with no success. This was my very first attempt at posting this article. Then I received a couple of e-mails from Getoutofhere@noscams.com and nomail@noscams.com, both informing me that they had deleted my garbage i was attempting the post.

I was confused because I had no idea, what I was doing was a scam. Reading the article, it assured me that this is all legal! The person who wrote this article even had the gall to mention that he/she was also skeptical about it, and mentioned that he/she called The United States Postal Service and checked with them to make sure it was the real deal and not some two-bit scam. That person even provided the phone number for the reader also!!! But like a fool, I took this person’s word for it without even calling the number myself.

Being the pugnacious kind of person that I am, I was determined to post my first message! That was when it really hit the fan!! A few minutes after my last attempt at posting my first message, I received a “friendly” little e-mail from none other than scambusters@irs.reporting.gov! I was informed that I will lose internet access entirely, and that it’s quite possible that I will paying off a HUGE tax bill. This tax bill is intended to tax anyone that has gained income from this scam, and has not passed through to the IRS. I’m not sure if that’s entirely correct, but it runs somewhere along that line. Anyway, I will be paid a visit by the IRS.

I had not received any claims or received any kind of income through this scam that I, unwittingly, participated in. I couldn’t even achieve posting just one message, and thank God for that!! The only accomplishments I made out of this deal were made by me losing 6 U.S. dollars, 6 envelopes, 7 U.S. first class postage stamps, 6 sheets of paper, and 1 or 2 milliliters of blue ink! I am an honest, law abiding citizen with no criminal record. I have a perfect driving record (with the exception of a written warning). I even have an outstanding credit history!

I am writing this to all who are thinking about jumping on any bandwagon with the label, “get rich quick!” on it. Please do not be stupid like me and give into temptation. I know it’s hard believe me, especially for those who are living in dire straits right now. The cold hard truth is, the only way one can get money is through the old-fashioned way…you have to earn it legally and honestly. There are no short-cuts. Not any short-cuts without strings attached anyway.

At this time I would like to convey my most sincere apologies to J.P. Vaughan (editor), the founders, and everyone on staff at www.creonline.com. I am sorry for my selfish deed in my self-righteous pursuit on getting rich quick, which had clouded my better judgement and thinking. I had allowed myself to be played for a pawn in someone else’s game. I’m extremely ashamed of myself for being so petty and stupid. This is, without a doubt, the stupidest mistake I had ever made yet! And I sincerely hope you, the reader, will not give into temptation and follow in my footsteps. Please be careful, and think real hard before you act toward a money-making scheme. I had no idea I was participating in a scam until it was too late.

Again, I am sorry, I have learned my lesson, and I thank you, the reader, for contributing a few minutes of your time in your busy schedule for listening to my confession. If you like, you may e-mail me and give me your thoughts and opinions on this message. I’d be happy to receive them. Even if you want to just tell me how stupid I am (even though I’m quite aware of that already), then by all means please do so. God bless and good luck in whatever you do. Thank you.

That’s the way most scams work… - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on January 20, 2001 at 22:32:02:

they all say they are legal, whether on the internet or not!!! Would they say they weren’t?

SCARED STRAIGHT! - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on January 20, 2001 at 21:54:42:

Sounds like someone may have scared you into going striaght and stop falling for all those get rich quick scams. That sounds like a good thing!

Now take a look at the bright side of things. Somehow this little scam thing you got on the wrong path with has lead you to this site. If you would like to better yourself and find your road to financial freedom I would suggest to you that you take the detour road to creonline here where your bogus journey has somehow lead you. Here you will find the answers to making your journey down that road to financial freedom if you’re willing to take the time and tap into all the invaluable information available to you at this site.

I would suggest to start reading all the “success stories” on this site. You will find the link to those on the upper left hand side of the main page. After reading the success stories then read the “how to” articles. From there read everything on the newsgroups here. You will more than likely have a lot of questions after reading everything. Some of those questions will be answered in other posts or articles assuming you take the time to first read everything here. Then post the questions you have that you need answered on the newsgroup. You will find MANY investors here willing to jump in and help you.

This is the place you can find the answers to becoming financially free IF you’re willing to take the time to educate yourself and take ACTION into making it happen! Once you have read everything and have questions, then post them no matter how dumb you make think your question may be. The only dumb question is the one you never ask! If you take the time to educate yourself here you will find that you don’t need any money, credit or a job to invest in real estate. You can get started without having any of those things and become successful in reaching your dreams of becoming financially free.

Meanwhile, welcome to the greatest creative real estate site on the web should you decide to heed this advice.

Now get started on educating yourself here on HOW TO GO OUT AND MAKE A DEAL!

That’s only the half of it… - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on January 20, 2001 at 20:48:36:

Since the Net is plagued with some derranged people, some of them like to put innocent persons names on those ridiculos net-chain letters. Hopefully they will all leave the Net (the troublemakers) but not likely. —Jack

Lighten Up! - Posted by Gill

Posted by Gill on January 20, 2001 at 16:51:09:

Get off the soapbox and go make a deal! (Not being said harshly)

Someone probably wrote you a bogus letter to scare you!

Granted, I don’t believe in those “Get Rich Quick” schemes, but the next time all you have to do is ignore it.

Simple Problem…Simple Solution

Now go get some “LEGAL CASH”

Gill