MH Abandoment Article - Opportunity? - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by Ryan (OR) on February 12, 2000 at 16:11:40:

I’m interested in trying to buy and sell MHs and I’d really like to get a copy of the article that you mentioned on feb 11th… I’d like to see if I may be able to use it here in Oregon

MH Abandoment Article - Opportunity? - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by SteveA (FL) on February 11, 2000 at 09:12:53:

There has been a series of 5 articles in our local paper on MH’s, mostly about construction, percentages, permitting, etc. But today’s final article was on abandoned mh’s and how they are an “eyesore” and what the county intends to do about it. This gave me an idea.

I’m a newbie and while I was not planning on targeting mh’s, it seems like a good opportunity. Does anyone think that sending a letter to the county commission telling them that I would be interested in working with them on any of these homes that can be rehabbed would be a good idea? Wouldn’t it be in their best interest to have someone like me make an offer to the owner and the owner, not wanting to face the commission, should be motivated?

Some thoughts from you mh experts? If you want a copy of the article, mention it in your response and I’ll email it to you.

Thanks.