MH dealer license? - Posted by Ray Marietta, GA

Posted by MariettaMike on May 19, 2006 at 16:01:24:

Most PM’s Ive talked to are friendly and willing. Just make sure you talk to the person in charge, I made mistake of talking to underlings. They don’t have a clue or the authorization to let you do deals.

MM

MH dealer license? - Posted by Ray Marietta, GA

Posted by Ray Marietta, GA on May 17, 2006 at 10:51:42:

Do I need a dealer license in GA to go and buy MH and start doing what Lonnie and company have taught us? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: MH dealer license? - Posted by RickeD_Ga.

Posted by RickeD_Ga. on May 17, 2006 at 18:45:09:

Ray,
Iv been doing Lonnie Deals for a few years,(just south of you) and havent had to get a dealers licences yet, but I do them Ernest Tew style where you use a lease with an option to buy for my tennant buyers,
I think you could get away with doing a couple of deals to see how you like the biz before going all out with a licences.

Ricky Roland

Re: MH dealer license? - Posted by MariettaMike

Posted by MariettaMike on May 17, 2006 at 14:56:21:

Ray, you can do 3 a year without a license.
Check out the State Fire Marshall/Insurance website.
(John Oxidene is the Commish)That is where you get the license.

MM

Reality Check MH values - Posted by Ray Marietta, GA

Posted by Ray Marietta, GA on May 18, 2006 at 19:38:39:

Yes Im new but I have devoted over a weeks work to driving around ATL NW looking for any MH to buy and calling all the ads in the thrifty nickel. Ive been visiting park after park and calling FSBO. Made a few offers and no success so far. How does one find deals below $5k. Most MH I have seen are above $10k at least and I cant find comps(appraisal value) on MH. Any help would be awesome! Thanks, Ray

Re: MH dealer license? - Posted by Ray Marietta, GA

Posted by Ray Marietta, GA on May 17, 2006 at 16:27:17:

So Marietta Mike have you done this in Cobb County. I went looking at MH today and there seems to be resistance between the lot mgmt and potential outside investors like me. I appreciate your help!

Re: Reality Check MH values - Posted by Ryan (NC)

Posted by Ryan (NC) on May 18, 2006 at 20:33:44:

You?ve taken the most important step in making this whole system work, you’ve gotten off the couch and are looking which is great! The missing ingredient you are looking for is a motivated seller, right now it seems that you are looking for homes to buy not a seller that must sell his or her home… spend a couple hours in the archives searching for “motivated seller”. Between the looking you done and what?s in the archives you should be able to get a deal done fairly soon and know about what you can sell it for from your window-shopping experience.

Best wishes,
Ryan Needler