MH PM PR (: - Posted by CH-CA

Posted by Tony-VA on April 28, 2000 at 16:17:23:

Park Manager first, otherwise you may well be wasting your time. If you negotiate with the seller and the PM tells you that you cannot deal in that park, you wasted your time.

Starting with the PM has many advantages. First you need time to get a good rapport going with the PM to get permission to deal in the park. Next, when you do find a deal, you can get the important info from the PM. They can tell you if the seller owes back lot rent. If the home can stay in the park. Why the seller is selling and how motivated.

These factors will greatly assist you in negotiation. I have found no better source for locating motivated sellers than the park managers.

Tony-VA

MH PM PR (: - Posted by CH-CA

Posted by CH-CA on April 28, 2000 at 13:56:21:

I am reading through Lonnie’s books now. I am trying to open channels of communication with PMs. Out of these 2 options, which one is a better choice?

1. meet with PMs first and find out if they would allow me to hold the financing on homes in their parks if a home came up for sale, or

2. just wait until I negotiate a deal with a seller and then approach the PM.

If I remember correctly, most of the examples I have seen in the books are #2 examples. However, we called a park in another area of the state (I own real estate in this area), and the PM there said sure come and talk with us, and oh, by the way, there are a couple of homes for sale - one’s $5k and the other is $3.5K. Hummm?.

I’m rambling here… Anyway, the PM is a big factor in this, and I just want to handle my biz correctly.

Thanks,
CH