MH Question: Does anyone use Realtors to search for Mobile Homes? - Posted by nariah

Posted by Scott Moore on June 10, 1999 at 07:46:38:

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT???

Realtors charge you fees and you can just look in the local news papers for free.

MH Question: Does anyone use Realtors to search for Mobile Homes? - Posted by nariah

Posted by nariah on June 10, 1999 at 07:14:56:

If so, what search criteria do you use?
Do you search for lots only?
What has been your success rate?

I am a newbie and I plan on starting with Mobile Homes. Wish me luck!

Some of my friends are Realtors’, BUT… - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on June 10, 1999 at 09:32:59:

Hi Nariah,
Your question is a good question, and it does come up every so often. In my market there are some realtors which specialize in mobile homes. However most often they target the high priced double wides or the high priced single wides.
There is a good reason for this. These high priced homes are newer and can be financed by a traditional institution. They tend to stay away from the “Lonnie” type mobile homes. So you might be spinning your wheels in trying to use a realtor.
In a niche market, like older Mobile Homes, I have found that Lonnie’s advice is the best way to approach it, namely, “Drive the speedbumps”. You have to get in and talk with these folks.
Personally I am currently experimenting with a few different approaches to get them to call me. Mainly because I deal with a lot of parks. So many that it is sometimes hard to give them the attention that they need.
In my opinion, for someone starting out 3 or 4 parks will do you fine.
Good Luck,
and keep us posted on your upcoming success.
Dirk