MHP Eviction process - Posted by B. Dunn

Posted by Ron_KS on July 12, 2003 at 17:14:35:

Where I reside the procedure is simply to file a lien against the owner/owners of the mobile home. By doing this the lien holder then has a certain amount of time before he/she goes to court for final judgement (which if they are owed monies, they will prevail) and become the registered owner of the mobile home thus allowing you or who ever will be the registered owner to start evication and take control of the unit. It is somewhat time consuming but by filing a lien, the person now living in the mobile home can not sell the mobile home without getting the lien release, thus you or your client is now in the “drivers seat” so to speak. Check your state laws. A phone call to the local court house can usually answer your questions.

Good luck

MHP Eviction process - Posted by B. Dunn

Posted by B. Dunn on July 12, 2003 at 16:54:20:

Ok…new to this MHP and rental thing…I am an accountant helping client who inherited MHP…has 26 lots with 3 that have MH to rent out…all 3 are not rented right now with 2 needing to be fixed up…13 lots are rented with owner occupied trailors on the lots…2 are behind on payments…I am in TN…does anyone know where I can find out what the eviction process is for these people…if they were just rental property I could just evict them…but how can I evict them if they own the homes and we just rent the land? Any comments would be appreciated greatly…I have explored the postings and look forward to working in this area…

Thanks in advance!

Re: MHP Eviction process - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on July 12, 2003 at 17:56:02:

The process varies according to geography. The easiest way to find out would be to call the managers of some other parks near you (same County would be good) and ask who they use for legal representation and evictions. Best to use someone who already has the process figured out rather than pay the billable hour rate to have them research it.
All the best, Lyal