mhp purchase - Posted by ed

Posted by Sailor on May 03, 2006 at 08:59:14:

Do you mean why I wish I’d gone to Boot Camp 1st? Or what I had to do to develop it into a decent place?

Asheville is a lovely vacation spot w/lots of sights, shops & eateries. That’s why I recommended getting reservations ASAP–

Tye

mhp purchase - Posted by ed

Posted by ed on April 30, 2006 at 16:02:56:

Hello,

Am looking at a MHP on the Gulf Coast sitting on a marina on a river leading to the Gulf. The park is run down and shabby with out of town owners. Lots of abandoned trailers and vacant lots. Value is in the land and the location. We are trying to determine if this is worth pursuing or even looking at. There is space for at least 50 units(vested), and a 40 boat slip canal.

Re: mhp purchase - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on May 02, 2006 at 12:48:51:

There can be a lot of $$$ in waterfront & mobile home parks (I’m in both), so it is certainly worth exploring when you can find both in the same place. However, due diligence is your key phrase. I wish I had gone to Tony & Scott’s MHP Boot Camp before buying my mhp, but the new one has just been announced. Here’s a post about it I wrote on the main list:

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/17529.html

Just made my hotel reservation, & am looking forward to seeing old friends there, as well as new ones. Do join us on the MH list & Wed night chat (info in the above post). There are folks there who can walk you through some of the process–

Tye

Re: mhp purchase - Posted by ed

Posted by ed on May 03, 2006 at 15:56:49:

we just did a wonderful deal on waterfront property all with no money down and us up with a 2.5 mil property free and clear and I am looking at trying to do something similar with the mhp I have found. Looking to get ideas and help from others in similar situations.
ed

Re: mhp purchase - Posted by JC

Posted by JC on May 03, 2006 at 24:08:42:

What happened after you bought your mhp? Can you share some info? Thx

I am thinking of going to Tony Bootcamp also but also have planned for vacation during the time. Will see.

Re: mhp purchase - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on May 03, 2006 at 18:24:30:

In my relative youth I did $0 down deals, but renting $$$ gets expensive by the month. My experience is that even more than financing, getting the right price is the key to a successful deal. That’s one of the primary reasons I recommend Tony & Scott’s Boot Camp. Yes, they cover financing in depth, down to sample applications, but they also teach you how to correctly value any mhp. You’ll also learn the ins & outs of mhp mgt, which was a totally new breed to me in spite of 25 years of landlording.

Tye