MidWest Mortgage... - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on February 25, 1999 at 21:12:31:

Hank, Sorry the caps were mine. I have only talked with the guy over the phone. There is a local office (Clearwater FL), and he mentioned that the “president of the company” was in /from Toledo (?).

Guess I’ll find out more tomorrow, and once I do, will take you up on confirming. thkx.
Carol

MidWest Mortgage… - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on February 25, 1999 at 18:55:11:

Anyone ever heard of/dealt with them? They are a direct lender, with some interesting programs, from what I hear.
Would appreciate input.
Thanks.
Carol

Re: MidWest Mortgage… - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on February 25, 1999 at 19:48:09:

I recently did a flip with a “retail” buyer on the other end. They had trouble getting there financing together, so I helped them gather all the needed materials, and pointed them to a mortgage broker.
Of course they did not listen, and went to FCNBD Bank, (1st Chicago) and got a mortgage thru “Midwest mortgage”, and what a nightmare that was. The rep kept losing paperwork, forgetting to call people, and I wound up doing over half of his footwork to close on time.
So, perhaps it was just in my area, with this one “Mortgage rep” (or whatever they call his job), but my experience with “Midwest Mortgage” was not a good one.
Good luck to you,
Jim

Re: MidWest Mortgage… - Posted by HankM

Posted by HankM on February 25, 1999 at 19:11:45:

This is kind of a common name, but Midwest Mortgage (out of Chicago Metr) is a wholly owned sub of BancOne through acquisition of First Chicago NBD. If you give me an address I can confirm or deny. The capitalization of the W in MidWest throws me a little, the tradestyle we had (yes I was with the company) didn’t do that.

Hank

Re: MidWest Mortgage… - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on February 25, 1999 at 21:14:21:

Thanks for the heads up.
The rep sounds good, but talk is cheap!
Carol