MLS Lookups and Comps - Posted by Chris Robinson

Posted by HarryAtl on February 07, 2002 at 22:31:03:

I’ve had the same problem, wanting access to the MLS. Well realtor.com gives you pretty good access to the listings. You just don’t have all of the searching ability you do with a good MLS program. So, you just find some good deal on the site and then follow up with a listing agent or another agent who will pull up listing based on a search for you. Don’t take the agent’s exam just to access the MLS.

Plus, it’s free.

Harry

MLS Lookups and Comps - Posted by Chris Robinson

Posted by Chris Robinson on February 07, 2002 at 07:36:00:

Good Morning Folks,

I was wondering if anyone might know how I can get access to the MLS as a civilian. :slight_smile:

I am not planning on taking the real estate exam to become a licensed broker or agent, but I figure that just like there are many creative ways to formulate real estate deals, there must be some creative way to get access to the MLS.

I am currently working with an agent that will allow me to go to her office and use her MLS, but I would really like to use it from my home office.

I guess, I just need to find someone with the software, that is willing to share his/her login and password.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: MLS Lookups and Comps - Posted by Ro-SoCal

Posted by Ro-SoCal on February 07, 2002 at 23:36:03:

Hi Chris:
I called a couple of realtors to follow up on listings and found onw who has access to the MLS through her personal web site. It is more up to date than Realtor.com and has some additional notes like "motivated seller’ ‘days on the market’ etc. Good luck!
Ro