Mobile concerns - Posted by mark k

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on September 27, 2003 at 11:48:33:

…where you want to be, without passsing through W. Virginia, to pick up a copy of Lonnie’s book, Deals On Wheels. If Lonnie is vacationing again in the Bahamas, you can probably get a copy through this website.

Regards, doc

Mobile concerns - Posted by mark k

Posted by mark k on September 26, 2003 at 07:00:07:

Hello everyone, I recently went to a seminar and a fellow investor gave me some insight to MH investing. I am excited. I am in the Tampa area of Florida. I have read a lot of good things of buy and owner finance MH. What is the down side? What I mean is… I know what size home and what year and I feel I can negotiate the price. I am aware of the profit. I know to clean the MH to help move it. I know find a good park and PM or befriend and help the PM to keep the park in shape. As well as how to advertise. But if it was that easy everyone would do it…wouldn’t they? There must be a catch other than having to repo the Mobile. Please advise I plan to go talk with PM’s tommorrow 9/27. Thank you in advance for your support. Please leave a reply email if you do not mind.

Re: Mobile concerns - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on September 26, 2003 at 07:39:24:

Mark,
Yes it is that easy and no most people won’t do it. I can’t tell you how many people in my area have called or emailed me with questions about the business. I’ve offered to help them get started and they just fade away because of that “fear of failure” thing.
If you “know” all the steps to the business, all you need to do is get started. I would advise you that in spite of all you know, if you havent’ read Lonnie’s books, stop, get them and read them first. They will save you time and money by filling in the blanks and teaching you parts of the business you never thought about. It’s great to be able to benefit from someone who has made all the mistakes first and can help you avoid them.
Later you can round out your “education” with materials by Ernest Tew, Ray Alcorn, Terry Vaughn and others so you can qualify for your BMH (bachelor of mobile homes) degree
(Note: the degree has dollar signs on it).
All the best, Lyal