mobile home notes - Posted by Vicki Stark

Posted by Marc Faulkner on July 21, 2007 at 11:42:07:

E-mail me the details and a picture of the home and I will give you a quote w/in 24 hrs.
Live
Marc Faulkner

mobile home notes - Posted by Vicki Stark

Posted by Vicki Stark on July 03, 2007 at 10:32:40:

If I am an owner of a mobile home note, where can I find people who may want to buy the note from me?

Lots of note buyers around - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on July 14, 2007 at 08:17:19:

I’ve been dealing in notes of all kinds for lots of years and can honestly say that some of my better deals, buying and selling have been right “here” and recommend you shop your local investors first.

Some (all too many) of the big national advertisers are sharks, promise more than they deliver, and I know several who apparently don’t have or use any of their own money.

Case in point: I was selling a local WA note on a local business (store) purchase by a local CPA and his MD wife.

When I put it online and advertised it nation-wide I did get several shabby offers that barely qualified as such…and then I ended up selling that note for small discount to a Realtor friend of mine right here in “River City”.

So if you’ll make some local calls to people with money, you’ll find some interest and probably make your best deal right there.

here, if you’re quick - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on July 03, 2007 at 16:39:19:

this is a solicitation, but we can’t very well offer anything if we dont know anything. duh. LOCATION, year, make, size, #br/#ba, note balance, cashflow, interest, term remaining, creditworthiness and emplyment history and rental history and criminal history of the note maker, level of would-I-want-to-live-there-itiveness of the park, space rent, last time it was raised and if a raise is imminent, and some other stuff that I can’t think of right now.

also try the cashflow forum.

also try googling “selling mobole home notes” (but spell it better than I did)

also try ANN

also try noteworthy

also ask park managers in your area if any residents are paying private mortgage holders - and get their info, contact them.

Re: here, if you’re quick - Posted by Jim Billings

Posted by Jim Billings on July 03, 2007 at 20:43:14:

I’ve posted notes on those websites…you’ll get lots of emails…the flakes come a running promising you the world - big prices & fast cash. They lie…fill out this form, that form, you do the appraisal, setup escrow, title insurance, fire insurance, prom note and trust deed. At the very end is when they bail…uh, well it’s not exactly what our investors are buying. Take a friggin hike! Terribly frustrating. Just try it.

One alternative is to close the deal…all paperwork in order then 6 solid months of on-time payments. That “can” get you over the hump with some amateurs.

Best & most knowledgeable source to sell a note is Clayton Bank in Knoxville TN - as in “Clayton Homes.” Ask for mfg home note dept…Kriss Brown mgr.