mobile home park managers - Posted by blake

Posted by Dirk Roach on April 02, 2000 at 18:19:15:

Tony is right on the mark. So many of us, esp. when starting out seem to have an almost fear of dealing with the Park Manager.
This is unfortionate, because you can really cut yourself off at the knees if you do not go see the PM (Park Manager) in person.
Personally I love to bear gifts. Pizza on Friday Lunch, Donuts on Mon. Morning meetings etc.
Also just look around the PM’s office to find a peice of their personality, a photo, ect. and then use that as a bridge to make conversation with.
Dirk

mobile home park managers - Posted by blake

Posted by blake on April 02, 2000 at 17:17:14:

i have had a difficult time locating park managers that would be willing to cooperate with lonnie deals. i have called several managers and they advised that they would not be interested with this. should i approach them in person? or, should i try to locate a mh in their park for sale first? any advice would be appreciated. i know this is a great concept, however, i am getting frustrated with these parks. i’ve tried locating land, but land here is scarce and restricted.

thanks for your responses.

blake

Re: mobile home park managers - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on April 02, 2000 at 17:56:51:

You must approach the park managers in person. Lonnie gives a perfect example of this in his tape course (I highly recommend this course). He goes to a park in person and spends a few minutes making small talk with the park manager. Before long the manager not only gives him permission to work in the park but gives him a lead.

A short time later, Lonnie’s daughter calls the manager on the phone to get permission to buy and sell a home that she has located in the park. The manager turned her down and stated he does not allow this type of business in his park.

You must first gain a rapport with the park manager before introducing your business. Remember, people first, business second.

Tony-VA