mobile homes - Posted by Laure

Posted by Tony-VA on March 14, 2000 at 11:28:20:

I have been spending too much time posting recently and not enough doing deals. But it has been a productive means of utilizing the spare time created by insomnia. Too much excitement. Can’t sleep.

Tony-VA

mobile homes - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 14, 2000 at 03:16:51:

Well, we’ve driven all over this God forsaken county. Looking at parks and homes. Everything seems to sell within a few days of hitting the paper. Our market seems to be a sellers market in mobile homes as well as regular homes. Also, all but one of the parks we visited buy and rehab homes themselves, and don’t allow investors in their park. No rentals either.

Suggestions? words of wisdom??

Laure :slight_smile:

Re: mobile homes - Posted by Jacob

Posted by Jacob on March 14, 2000 at 10:36:29:

I have to say that I wish my very good friend Tony would stop responding to thses posts before me. It sounds as if I am simply jumping on his bandwagon!

Seriously, though. Spring is a sellers market without question. As Tony said, people are loaded with the money they loaned to Uncle Sam the year before at 0% interest. (What a nice Uncle we have!) They think they are rich, and decide to put that money into a new home. Plus, after being cooped up all winter, they decide to get out again and cruise the area. I love spring. I sell units before I actually own them, or within a few hours. Just because there are so many buyers, but few with cash.

That is the important thing, and what will seperate you from the rest. You can write a check, where another buyer has to arrange financing. Plus, I buy a lot of repos that are not availible to the general public, only to dealers. That’s why I will make money in any market, up or down. That also means that you can do the same.

Go get 'em Laure!

Jacob

Re: mobile homes - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on March 14, 2000 at 05:32:00:

Homes are selling very quickly right now because of the tax refunds received by buyers. They are able to put down much more cash than normal and are either able to buy at a low cash price, or obtain financing.

These things cycle. Jan was a great time to buy, Feb a great time to sell, March so far has been harder to find homes to buy than normal. Many of the motivated sellers that have been carrying these homes since December have able to sell. It will take some more digging to find the motivated sellers. Fear not, it will come back around.

Tony-VA