Mortgage Notes - Posted by John

Posted by John on September 16, 2003 at 08:59:11:

I’ll try that. I appreciate the feedback everybody.

Mortgage Notes - Posted by John

Posted by John on September 15, 2003 at 14:01:02:

Hi,

I’ve just subscribed to my county’s courthouse public records online. I am having problems understanding the lingo associated with doing the search. I am trying to search for local seller carry backs or private mortgage owners, problem is I need to search by instrument category and instrument type which have legal mames that I do not understand. Is there a book I could get or a website I could go to to find the definitions for these legal names?
If I am looking for private mortgage owners, what instrument category am I searching for; encumbrance, chattel, charter or partnership? What instrument category?

Any input will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
John

Re: Mortgage Notes - Posted by Ed Copp

Posted by Ed Copp on September 15, 2003 at 19:14:40:

Your local library should have a copy od “Black’s Law Dictionary”. This will give you the specifics.

Re: Mortgage Notes - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on September 15, 2003 at 18:44:26:

Every state is different. I would go down to your local courthouse and ask the clerks what all of the terms mean. They will know because they deal with them on a daily basis.

You might also want to spend an hour or so with a local attorney that specializes in real estate. He can tell you what all of the terms mean. That would be money well spent.