MOTIVATED SELLER:EXPLAIN!! - Posted by phil

Posted by David Alexander on January 10, 2001 at 22:43:17:

If your finding folks that want to sell with owner financing and they must ahve their terms… chances are your dealing with another Investor.

A motivated seller is someone tht must sell for some reason.

Banks REO’s, Divorce, Foreclosure, Estate sale, Tax reasons, Out of State Owner, Tired Landlords, paying on more than one house…

Whatever the reason, when you find one you want have to ask ever again. You will know.

And once you find a motivated seller, learn to be a problem solver…

David Alexander

MOTIVATED SELLER:EXPLAIN!! - Posted by phil

Posted by phil on January 10, 2001 at 21:58:54:

What’s a motivated seller,I mean I come upon numerous owners financing, but most of them still insist on their terms.So tell me what are the attributes of a TRULY MOTIVATED SELLER.

Re: MOTIVATED SELLER:EXPLAIN!! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 10, 2001 at 23:11:15:

Phil,
As was said below, you will KNOW a motivated seller when you deal with one.
They are not going to be the ones savvy enough to advertise there homes “Seller financed”, because if they knew that much, they may be able to solve their own problem.
The true motivated seller is the one who has a problem and they haven’t the foggiest idea how to solve it.
Could be anything!
And they are our kind of motivated seller when the solution to there problem involves them selling there home to us.
You will have better luck finding these if you quit looking for them.
Make it so they look for you.
Advertise that you “buy houses”, and how to get ahold of you. (your phone number).
Get that info out in a simple form and in front of as many people as possible.
That is when the fun begins.

Check the archives here about marketing, and you will get a ton of ideas that work well.

Good luck,
Jim IL

Re: MOTIVATED SELLER:EXPLAIN!! - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 10, 2001 at 22:57:31:

Owner financing isn’t always a sign of someone being motivated to sell a home. Sometimes people sell with owner financing because it benefits them from a tax point of view. Other times they are investors (this method of selling is hot now) who want to create a note to sell and cash out. If the terms aren’t “right” their note will be unmarketable, therefore they must get their terms.

Motivated sellers don’t usually advertise their home for sale with owner financing, that becomes a option they will usually consider because they are so motivated.

Motivated sellers usually come to you- they come to you because you let it be known that you buy homes, and you let the whole world know. For what I do, I determine a motivated seller by the status and condition of their home. The homes I buy are almost always vacant (if they aren’t they should be) and they are just plain old dumps that make the average person sick to look at them (I personally find them to be very beautiful). In any event they need more work then the sellers can afford to do, or more work then the sellers care to take on. These homes only cost the sellers money and they are just a headache, they don’t want them and will get rid of them for anything that sounds the least bit fair (sometimes they don’t care if it is fair they will still sell just to be done with it).

I hope this explains things a little better.

Steve