Moving to LA - Posted by Josh-MA

Posted by Bob Richards on March 19, 2001 at 12:33:56:

Hi Josh,

Not trying to be nosy but can I ask why you’re moving? Does it have anything to do with real estate investing? I’m trying to do it in MA also and find it VERY VERY difficult to find product, let alone purchase it creatively.

I’ll bet your odds will go up dramatically out west.

Good luck.

Bob

Moving to LA - Posted by Josh-MA

Posted by Josh-MA on March 19, 2001 at 02:32:07:

Okay all you Cali investors, I got a proposal to get into some deals in LA with Million dollar Price tags on them. The guy i spoke to about this said all i would need to do to get into these deals is, Pay him $2500 a month to do the due dilligence on all these $$$$ Properties. Now my Question is,

has anyone heard of the before?..

And how is the Market in LA for SFH? So i can get a couple signed up on L/O’s. So i have some cash coming in to pay this guy the $2500 a month…

Re: Moving to LA - Posted by Josh-MA

Posted by Josh-MA on March 19, 2001 at 11:01:57:

I am moving to CA hence the Subject line “Moving to LA”
Just curious if anyone has heard of anything like the above details…Thanks for your posts

Re: Moving to LA - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on March 19, 2001 at 10:55:31:

When you start to believe that a guy in Massachusetts is going to jump into the California market long distance, with the help of a guy charging $2500…look over your shoulder…something is gaining on you.

You want to participate in California real estate? Move there.

JPiper

How about San Diego for $1423 per month ?? - Posted by don, sdca

Posted by don, sdca on March 19, 2001 at 10:20:40:

I have the time if you have the cash :):).

LA is full of all kinds of folks and all kinds of deals, but I’d bet that this guy is not a good one of either!

don, sdca

Re: Moving to LA - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on March 19, 2001 at 10:07:55:

I’ll send you information on million dollar deals in my area, and I’ll only charge you $1500 a month, LOL. Why would you pay anyone just to send you information, when you can get your own? I agree with Phil.

Re: Moving to LA - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 19, 2001 at 07:33:12:

Josh,

The only way to know for sure is to do your own due diligence. Handing someone you don’t even know $2,500 per month is a recipe for failure. If this guy out in LA is going to automatically get $2,500 per month how much due diligence is he really going to do. He can just dub around and collect your $2,500 until you smarten up and ditch the guy.

If the million dollar deals were that good or even out there this guy would go after them himself and make much more. He just wants your $2,500
/ mo. in my opinion.