MY cure for receiving tardy monthly mortgage payments? - Posted by SusanL.--FL

Posted by steph in tex on December 15, 1999 at 07:19:16:

I love it!

you’re not alone in the computer thing! my daughter has so much crap all over the desk top! I spend more time cleaning that up than cleaning the house!

I’d love to see how you do the coupon thing, it sounds great.

keep it up!
steph in tex

MY cure for receiving tardy monthly mortgage payments? - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on December 13, 1999 at 10:08:15:

I held the Note for my buyer on my commercial property. His first payment started on Jan. 28, 1998. Right from the git-go he was always late. (Lucky for me) the mortgage coupon book I gave him ran from Jan. ? Dec. SO! When he had used up his last coupon in Dec., I re-adjusted the ?due date? by two days when I reprinted a new book for him – and so far (knock on wood) haven?t had a problem since!

By mailing in his payment late each month, it was affecting the two mortgages I had on the property. It was either making me scramble every month to come up with the $$ to make the payments on time or…The other alternative was to pay a hefty late fee each month. Fortunately, the bank readjusted my due date by 5 days which helped tremendously.

I?ll be the first to admit that this was a very sneaky thing to do — but it solved my problem! :slight_smile:

P.S. ?and for legality?s sake, I did keep in mind that any applicable late fees would have to fall under the terms of the original contract dates?.

C-ya!

If you guys would like a copy of my file (to see how it is laid out), I can e-mail it to you. (nt) - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on December 14, 1999 at 08:20:10:

nt

Re: how - Posted by M.T.(CO)

Posted by M.T.(CO) on December 14, 1999 at 05:33:57:

How did you print the coupon books, please tell me!!
Thanks,
Todd

Re: MY cure for receiving tardy monthly mortgage payments? - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on December 13, 1999 at 20:54:29:

Hi Susan,
How do you do the coupon book? Are you using software of some sort?
Thanks,
Dee-Texas

Re: MY cure for receiving tardy monthly mortgage payments? - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on December 15, 1999 at 10:54:54:

I recently acquired NoteSmith Pro to handle notes. One of the things it does is coupons…although I haven’t used the feature yet. You can review the software at www.notesmith.com.

JPiper

Nope…I’m still doing things the long way…but it works for me… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on December 14, 1999 at 08:18:21:

I just made an exact replica on my computer of a mortgage coupon I had for one of my own loans (from Barnett). Just made an exact replica. Cut them all down to size (about 4" x 8 l/2", stapled them together. I usually include address labels made out to me and stamps! That way there is NO reason why they don’t or can’t pay me on time.

Once my first template is set up, I can just change the pertinent data relative to each mortgage.

I NOW save all of my original docs on disc and keep the discs SAFELY zippered into my purse! Used to be I saved all my originals on Kenny’s computer. ‘Mr. Computer’ was CONSTANTLY upgrading his computer with new versions and ‘whatnot’. Before I knew it, my files were either ruined, inaccessible or (worse yet) GONE! :frowning:

That was a LOT of ‘keying in’ down the tubes.

VERY discouraging…

I shouldn’t even go into what happened…when (after begging and pleading for my OWN computer at home) I finally got one. Wasn’t the greatest OR the fastest, but it my ALL MINE…or so I thought.

The rules were “keep your hands off Mom’s computer”.

Next thing I knew, the kids had loaded games onto the computer. Shortly after that…pieces (major components!!) were being ‘borrowed’ and sold off from ‘MY’ computer…

So NOW I ‘key in’ at work when I have spare time & save to disc! And I am a happy camper! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, nobody at home seems to take my r.e. stuff seriously. But–what they fail to understand is—real estate is what is going to save us as a family!

Trust me, it is slooooow going (in whatever I try to accomplish)…It takes me twice as long to do anything because of the ‘obstacles’ at home. But I haven’t given up!!! :slight_smile:

C-ya!

Susan