Naked Neighbors!... - Posted by diane

Posted by Jason-DTX on January 06, 1999 at 22:30:19:

You could hide in some bushes down the block with an assault rifle and pop off a few shots at or near them!

Or you could go over there in the middle of the night and dump the whole can all over their yard!

How about starting a good ole neighboorly fued that your children could carry on in the years to come!

Naked Neighbors!.. - Posted by diane

Posted by diane on January 05, 1999 at 17:44:48:

Now that I have your attention. How can i keep the neighbors from dumping their trash into my garbage bin? its always overflowing, and guess who gets to pick it up?

thanks for your suggestions!
diane

Re: Naked Neighbors!.. - Posted by hk CA

Posted by hk CA on January 07, 1999 at 11:00:58:

I made a small sign on my computer and took it down to Office Depot and got it laminated (cost about a buck). It said, "WARNING!! If you are caught dumping ANYTHING in this dumpster and you are not a resident of this property YOU WILL BE PROSECUTED for theft of services. BE FOREWARNED!!

Almost overnight the volume of trash in the dumpster dropped to about half.

at the risk of being a bore - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on January 07, 1999 at 05:40:30:

Maybe a little laminated sign asking them not to do it. I’m fairly new at all of this but I have that the old adage “you catch more flies with honey than vinegar” almost always applies in negotiations.
Just a dull thought,
Dirk

Lock em up. - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on January 06, 1999 at 14:01:30:

It’s a little inconvenient, but it’s certainly better than having to pick up someone else’s garbage.

Install hasps and locks and give a key to whoever is entitled. Problem solved.

Joe

Re: Naked Neighbors!.. - Posted by DJ

Posted by DJ on January 06, 1999 at 09:07:07:

Diane,
You don’t happen to live in a trailer park, do ya’?
If you have metal trash cans, try this: Take an old drop cord and cut the end off opposite the plug. Pull back the insulation on the cord about a foot, and pull wires apart. Strip enough wire(about 3 inches)off each wire and wrap around trashcan handles. Make sure to ground properly. Then when you leave or go to bed, plug up your trash cans. Guarantee you’ll hear 'em next time they do it!
DJ

Rodney King… - Posted by J Hyre in Ohio

Posted by J Hyre in Ohio on January 06, 1999 at 06:54:51:

Film 'em…leave a concealed camera, preferably indoors. Give THAT to the police, start some riots & make millions off the movie rights…or something like that.

When my neighbors stole water. - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on January 05, 1999 at 19:06:26:

Okay so the guys in the crackhouse next door had all their utilities and stuff cut off. They then dug down and tried to tap into the city’s water main. (Reasonable approach, I mean you gott have water to cook meth don’tcha?) City got pished.

Part 2: I come home and there is a hose going from one of the other houses I own over INTO their house. I turn it off and tell 'em no more. They sneak over and do it again. I take photos and call the cops. They sneak over and do it again.

I unhook the hose from my spigot, pour a half quart of 10-40 motor oil into the hose, reattach it and turn it back on. I never hear anything again.

Karma time: 2 months later they are all in jail or dead and I end up buying the house. What a freakin mess.

I think maybe, if I were you I would just hide in a can until they opened it and then jump out and yell “BOO!”.

Thanks,

karp

Sell the view!.. - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on January 05, 1999 at 18:54:06:

Now that I have YOUR attention…

1. Find a way to lock it. If they get mad, you’ll hear the ruckus.

2. When you see them do it, call the police. Show them that the trash belongs to your neighbor. There are some laws on the books in various communities that make this a misdemeanor(sp?) and a ticket with a fine could be written.

Cordially,

Roy MacLean
“Soapymac”

Re: Naked Neighbors!.. - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on January 05, 1999 at 18:47:16:

1. Kindly ask them to stop. (be nice first … always)

If that doesn’t work:

1. Lurk around the grounds for awhile and catch them in the act. If they give you any static then I would call the police and file a complaint.

OR

1. Have an attorney send a nasty looking letter to them to ‘cease and desist’ … or something like that.

This may all sound hokey but it’s all I can come up with on short notice.

RL

Try Plastic Explosives - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on January 06, 1999 at 12:42:09:

You can always trigger the can to explode when they open it. (just kidding)

Actually, I would avoid the electocution idea. Most states don’t allow capital punishment for garbage dumping.

You could consider some of the “party poppers” that we used to tie on people’s doors as a kid and then ring the bell.

Re: Naked Neighbors!.. - Posted by Gordon in Panama

Posted by Gordon in Panama on January 06, 1999 at 09:26:10:

An effective countermeasure, to be sure…

My Dad did this to keep the neighborhood dogs out of the trash. It worked. However, a possum managed to electrocute himself. Very nasty. I wouldn’t recommend doing it around people; its a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I LOVE IT!!! - Posted by Johnman

Posted by Johnman on January 07, 1999 at 17:56:58:

Karp,

You deserve an award for that! hoo hoooooooo!!

Johnman

You are the MASTER!! - Posted by HankTX

Posted by HankTX on January 07, 1999 at 17:16:07:

Thank you for the great story. You are TOUGH!! LOL
:smiley:

Re: When my neighbors stole water. - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on January 06, 1999 at 06:52:05:

Dude, you are EVIL. Pretty cool.