National Real Estate Discounters - Posted by Garry FitzGerald II

Posted by GFB on December 28, 2000 at 17:06:26:

In accordance with Nation-Wide’s Total Customer Satisfaction Program, you can obtain a refund of all your funds paid by writing to hk@humphreyandknott.com. Elaborate and explain in detail the reason for your dissatisfaction.

National Real Estate Discounters - Posted by Garry FitzGerald II

Posted by Garry FitzGerald II on December 22, 2000 at 14:27:10:

I am considering buying into an opportunity to be an associate for National Real Estate Discounters out of Florida. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with this group that they can share? The $600 is of little concern but I am interested in their track record for buying the deals. Please respond to my personal email and thanks.

Look here - Posted by John J.

Posted by John J. on December 27, 2000 at 07:46:32:

You will find many messages about them if you search the archives of the Carleton Sheets News Group (Message Board II) with the keyword Nation. Please note that numerous replies have been posted by Nation-Wide using a variety of identities and - often invalid - email addresses. You’ll be able to pick out these replies once you recognize the pattern.

Over the last several years, I have collected many messages posted on several boards by individuals detailing their actual experiences with this organization. Anyone who reads this: please e-mail me if you are interested in receiving my collection of testimonials. (I might not read the responses submitted to this post). I also have collections of testimonials posted about Success Magazine/HomeBuyers, Enelow, Russ Whitney, The National Affordable Housing Coalition, Foreclosure World, Larry Pino, Michael Warren, Capital Investment Systems, and Global Resource Network.

I neither recommend these organizations, nor discourage anyone from sending their hard-earned money to them. I just believe that you will be in a better position to make an informed decision if you can educate yourself with the actual experiences from others as they have posted them in the public domain (on the www). Most of these messages have e-mail addresses and/or the URL?s for your verification.

Re: National Real Estate Discounters - Posted by Shaun

Posted by Shaun on December 23, 2000 at 15:45:01:

See 12/22/00 post by kareem on Group II. This may change your mind.

Re: National Real Estate Discounters - Posted by AWWMi

Posted by AWWMi on December 22, 2000 at 22:32:21:

Gary,
I became an associate with National Real Estate Discounters last summer. I did it mostly for them to be my money partner while I gained more experience at rehabbing/flipping properties. I had at least 10 properties ready to go if I could get the money, bingo!I’m going to be rich,I tell ya! Rich, rich, rich!! Then I received the work manual with the parameters I had to work within to make a viable deal. None of the 10 properties qualified. The standards I had learned in Ron LeGrand’s wholesale/retail course didn’t even come close to being profitable enough to satisfy their needs… My opinion good or bad… 1. They have alot of good information in their manual, although , their methods are not new to REI. 2. They leave all the legwork of the deals up to you including finding contractors. 3. They do have a support group to help you through the process. As a mentor, they have your “interest” at hand, because, as a student you have their $interest$ at hand.( No, they don’t physically plop $50,000 in your lap and say, “make us both some money , will ya” ) 5. It’s easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle thingy than to pass a good deal by them. No, thats not fair. I’m sure once you had the process of buy/rehab fine tuned, the deals would be easier to find. Upfront, I have never made a deal with them yet. I haven’t been trying very hard lately. I’m more interested in doing my own deals now and making all the profit. 6. If your just starting out its probably worth the time but with that comes alot of time and effort on your part for 50% of the deal. P.S… Has anyone out there gone through a deal with these folks? Would be very curious to hear how things went… Thankyou

Re: National Real Estate Discounters - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on December 22, 2000 at 21:29:29:

Garry, not a lot of good things to say about this company from investors on this board. Check the archives and ALWAYS check the Better Business Bureau on any company.

http://www.bbb.org

Re: National Real Estate Discounters - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on December 22, 2000 at 19:38:45:

If they’re the company I think they are I’ve read bad things about them. But I don’t know.

BUT, I know lots of investors, including myself that do what they pronise to do but we don’t charge you to make us money that’s rediculous. Infact we are beta testing our software and will be releasing it soon and it’s FREE we are doing everything we can to help people find profitable deals that we can both make money on.

-T