Need advice on real estate transaction horror - Posted by Gail Lang

Posted by Gail on March 17, 2000 at 13:44:51:

You know, I hadn’t thought of contacting the local news. I’m a webmistress by trade so it was perfectly normal for me to post online and look here for a solution. I think perhaps it’s time to see if there’s a local news channel here.

As to giving up and moving - well, I have no where to go and it’s not easy to move with 20 years of possessions and 5 children - not to mention I’ve just begun establishing my business here before discovering all this out. Best I can figure is to go ahead and purchase the homes as the one at 62 and the cottage at least provide a home for myself and my children. What we’ll do with the big house ??? guess in time we’ll figure something out?

I’ll keep the site online on pride-net and as new developments occur will post to it and will try to remember to come back here and to the other boards I’ve posted and let you and other’s that have written know how the story ends.

Gail

Need advice on real estate transaction horror - Posted by Gail Lang

Posted by Gail Lang on March 17, 2000 at 10:50:06:

My message is WAY to long to put in here so I’ll be brief and link to the whole story for anyone that wants to take time and read it: –

http://pride-net.com/applerealty/

Summery is I’ve set out on my own this past year with 5 children after leaving an abusive husband (married for 21 years). I relocated to a new city/state hoping we could start a new life. Now we live in a nightmare. Mostly it’s due to misrepresentation, false advertisement and overall incompetincy of a real estate company and I’m at a loss as to what to do from here. Please, if you have a moment, go to the url and read it and maybe drop a note on the bulletin board there or my email???

Thanks for at least reading this.

Gail

Re: Need advice on real estate transaction horror - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on March 17, 2000 at 13:17:09:

Gail,
You do have a mess. I Am in North Carolina but farther east. I have delt with Apple Realty Myself, But it must be another division or office. I haven’t had any problems with them.

To be honest, It doesnt sound like the building is even worth using because of all the restrictions and problems you have. IF it were me I would probably get out of there and see if you could put some type of lien or cloud on the title for the money you put into it.

I think you have a very strong case and it’s too bad you are having trouble finding an attorney to help you because of the fact of who it is. If it wasn’t so far away I know some attorneys that would probably take the case.

In our area there is a Action news team that would love to get ahold of something like this. Any time they do it gets quick results. The people involved usually start scrambling and apologizing.

I would be curious to know how you make out on this keep me informed and let me know if I can help in anyway.

Mark