NEED ADVICE PLEASE ASAP - Posted by suzy

Posted by suzy on September 06, 2003 at 24:45:26:

Okay this is what he said today. He wants to know how i can make this seller happy. If i dont throw a number at him to bounce off the seller to avoid a lawsuit… then he will proceed with this is district court. He said he will prove that i went into this to scam the seller and that i was mearly passing money through. I wasnt even making a profit off this darn house thats what kills me. He siad he will subpenoa (sp)this and that and yada yada… so he wants me to make an offer… what do i do? Let him sue me? He said he can prove that i could have gotten a loan but didnt try hard enough. I did try and couldnt due to them wanting more money down. Any suggestions?

NEED ADVICE PLEASE ASAP - Posted by suzy

Posted by suzy on September 03, 2003 at 17:51:57:

Hi i have a problem and i advice. I had a l/o with a seller. I l/o it out well its been a year and the tenants i put in moved out last weekend. Well i found out today i cant close on my loan to purchase the home without 20% down. Origionaly it was 10 and now the new stips say 20. Anyway… seller said he will sue me if we dont close. I have a contract someone can read if i fax it to them if thats okay and tell me legally what will happen to me. What i offered the seller was to keep my ernest money for the month of sept so they can get a renter in to the property and i will turn it back over to them. Im so sick of being threatened to be sued by them i want out. I cant come up with the other 10% down so i need to just get out of it. What i want to know is… can you be sued for not closing? If i was to be sued does it look decent on my behalf if i told them to keep m y earnest money for the sept rent? My l/o contract ended in the end of july so am i obligated to even give a 30 day notice? Thanks for the info and ill be glad ot fax my contract if anyone wants to make heads or tails of it.
Suzy