Need advise could this be good? - Posted by Debbie Melville

Posted by Jim IL on April 01, 1999 at 21:57:00:

Please read what you type BEFORE you press “post”.
It was very hard to read your post because there were no periods, or capital letters starting the sentences.
Now, on to your question:
Perhaps you should do more checking on the details of the property.
For example,
Will it rent for what they say, and are the needed repairs something you can afford to do and/or want to?
Also, if they want out of this place so bad, ask them to deed it to you.
They just may, depending on the motivation level.
Then, fix it up and Lease/option it, or just L/O it with no fix up.
Either way you can charge more than market rent and also a final sale price ABOVE what it is worth now.
You can probably get someone to L/O it from you with enough money down and a nice spread over the payments you have to make.
And if that isn;t a good plan, then LOW BALL em, and try to “flip” it wholesale.
Then when and IF these things do not work, just MOVE ON!! NEXT!!
Just my $.02
Jim

Need advise could this be good? - Posted by Debbie Melville

Posted by Debbie Melville on April 01, 1999 at 20:08:33:

Im new to all this can you help me with this i saw a ad for a 3 bed 2 bath townhome ad reads needs some repair take over mortgage payment and possible own. i called on this and found out it is not in the best of neighborhoods the person i spoke to is in the realestate business the house belongs to her fatherinlaw he wants out it was rented tennents couldnt pay rent and left the house was vacant for 2 weeks someone stole the ac refrigerator and stove. the payments are 590.00 it rented for 750.00 he wants 600.00 down daughterinlaw told me its near a vacant lot a little damage to the house from a bulldozer i dont know anyway he will take 600 dp and do a wraparound he owes 48,000 she said it appraised at 60,000 in 1997 but there are foreclosures around the block mixed neighborhood not the best not the worst she says help tell me is this a good chance or not alos she told me i could get the ac for 700.00 second hand she knows someone who works for the realestate and does these good buys she bought before no problem. i have to pay for the ac stove refrig. i thought if i could rent it the security and months rent could pay for this what do you think?