Need Hard money lender - Posted by Nicole

Posted by Nicole on June 15, 2006 at 08:54:27:

Credit, and speed are the main issues. My husband is the one who brings in the income, but has credit promblems, and I stay home with the kids my credit is a little better than his, but I can’t prove income. We have foumd several vacant or run down homes in our area, we would like to try to buy low, rehab and sell for a small profit, until we can move on to bigger RE deals. I wanted to use a Hard money lender, to do 60-65% of the LTV on the rehabs. We just can’t do it with conventional lending.

Need Hard money lender - Posted by Nicole

Posted by Nicole on June 14, 2006 at 21:16:13:

Hello,
I need a hard money lender to do short sale buys and rehab buys. When I do a search on the net, They say they are hard money lenders, but just turn out to be brokers. If anyone has any suggestions or could direct me somewhere.
Thank you,
Nicole

Re: Need Hard money lender - Posted by Trevor

Posted by Trevor on June 19, 2006 at 17:16:06:

Hi, I am in Oregon and can find you the money. Email me back if you would like to work with us.

Thanks,

Trevor Mauch
Integrity Lending LLC
www.pdx-mortgage.com www.integritycommercial.com

Re: Need Hard money lender - Posted by Nicole

Posted by Nicole on June 14, 2006 at 21:43:43:

I am in Oklahoma, sorry I left that out.

Re: Need Hard money lender - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on June 15, 2006 at 11:17:20:

Nicole,

I agree with Mike there is nothing wrong with using Brokers.

A good broker will not only help you find a hard money loan but may have access to many Hard Money Investors; they can also be useful when it come time to sell the house you?re going to re-hab. A good broker can help you Pre-qualify your future buyer as well as up grade your own financing when the time comes.

As you and your husband continue to do deals and pay houses off, you want to get credit for paying on time and let it be known so you can reestablish your husband?s credit to obtain less costly financing. A good broker can be instrumental in this process.

Nicole, don?t be afraid to advertise in the paper. You can create your own hard money investors by running an ad saying (Investors wanted. Will pay a 12% return on investment secured by real-estate at 65% of market value) etc.

Ed Garcia

Re: Need Hard money lender - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on June 15, 2006 at 07:41:50:

Nicole,

Go to www.ChelseaPrivateEquity.com

Terms and conditions are noted there for hard money from Chelsea.

Have you asked other investors in your local area or check with a local REIA?

As to the bigger topic. Why use hard money for the deals you are working on? Is it credit, speed to close, condition of the property making conventional lenders not an option or something else which says hard money is the right option?

Understand that some lenders might say they provide hard money but they want to pull credit or expect cash reserves. Even some of those programs will be pretty good choice if you fit the profile (you and your deals that is). Ed likes to call such lenders non-conforming rather than hard money. They have a place in the mix for some borrowers.

What sort of deal volume are you expecting?

John Corey

Re: Need Hard money lender - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on June 14, 2006 at 23:21:10:

What’s wrong with brokers? That’s what they are there for, to have the resources and connections they have worked to collect and to pass that information on to you. Im sure they are not representing themselves as brokers, they are just simply doing affiliate marketing.