Need help with Joe Kaiser's software - Posted by DaveG (WJI|)

Posted by James on January 24, 1999 at 21:51:00:

Nice to see you are still out there, Joe…

Need help with Joe Kaiser’s software - Posted by DaveG (WJI|)

Posted by DaveG (WJI|) on January 24, 1999 at 16:02:16:

I recently purchased Joe Kaiser’s “Targeting The Tired Landlord” and am requesting help in loading the document software into my PC (I have a 2 1/2 year old version of Windows 95). Can anyone out there help a computer illiterate with this problem?

Following are the instructions for loading the software.

1. “Begin by opening Windows Explorer” - No problem here.

2. “Insert Disk 1 and copy only the LO.zip to your hard drive. Insert Disk 2, and do the same thing.” - I believe I did this right.

3. “Unzip the .zip files and you have two folders, LO (which contains the application files), and a folder called SYSTEM, which you need to move into the LO Folder”.

• Now I’m lost. How do I unzip files and move folders?
  1. " Then just double click on the .exe file. and the Lease Option program starts up." - How do I do this??

I desparately want to dive headfirst into L/O’s but installing this

Re: Need help with Joe Kaiser’s software - Posted by David

Posted by David on January 25, 1999 at 14:59:23:

I had the same problem yesterday. After emailing Joe he told me to go to www.winzip.com and download a free winzip program that unzips the file that you have. I had no problem starting the progam then. Hope this helps.

Re: Need help with Joe Kaiser’s software - Posted by Berwyn

Posted by Berwyn on January 24, 1999 at 16:20:19:

Have you found the files you copied to your hard drive? Its best to have a separate folder to copy them into just so they don’t get mixed up with other stuff. Otherwise when you unzip them yo’ll be sorting thru all sorts of stuff.

Assuming win95 is installed properly, you should be able to unzip any .zip file just by double clicking when in Explorer. Or if you have PKZip installed, it will use that.
Moving files is one of the basic things you learn when using windows. In Explorer, you click and hold on the file you want to move, and move it in to the folder you want on the left column of the screen. Double clicking any .exe file will run that file.

Pretty basic stuff actually.

Berwyn

Or . . . you could email me. - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on January 24, 1999 at 20:58:41:

Let me know if you’re still stuck and I’ll walk you through it.

Joe