Need Help with Weird Lots - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by PBoone on May 25, 1999 at 15:04:49:

Stacy,
Each county and state we have worked in has been similar but different each with their own nuance. The best and most accurate help we have been able to muster is going to the county “Planning and Zoning” Dept and sit down with them. EVERY time we have done so they gave us EXACT process and costs.
Pat

Need Help with Weird Lots - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on May 25, 1999 at 14:14:21:

I’ve never dealt with this situation, and would appreciate some guidance. A friend of mine owns a mobile home (built-in) and four lots, all adjacent to each other, all under the same deed. She wants to sell off some of the property and use the proceeds to pay off her second mortgage. So far, so good.

I looked-up the plat map for the lots, and was amazed at what I found. The lots look like a mozaic. Her home is on the large lot, to one side is a smaller lot, behind this smaller lot there’s a tiny lot that’s about 10ft. by 12ft, and behind her largest lot is one that stretches the whole width of that large lot…about 10ft by 200ft. None of these other three lots are usable on their own.

About the best she could do, in my opinion, is have all the lots combined into one large lot, and then spit down the middle. She could then sell the second lot, to her side.

Resurvey, and record a lot split? Is this how it’s done?

Any ideas on how to do this?

Anyone know how expensive it will be, in general figures?

Thanks in advance-

Stacy

Re: Need Help with Weird Lots - Posted by David (TN)

Posted by David (TN) on May 25, 1999 at 16:38:10:

I actually had to split a lot one time because it had two homes on it. It cost me $250 dollars ( but I am sure it is different in every city and state). We also had to go before the zoning board and have it approved. There were very specific size regulations and easement rules. Check into it very carefully before you start making plans for the property.

Re: Need Help with Weird Lots - Posted by Jack (Ky)

Posted by Jack (Ky) on May 25, 1999 at 16:00:17:

You definitely want to find out what the minimum allowable lot size is in that area. It has been my experience that despite having been recorded prior to the most recent regs regarding lot sizes, any adjacent, sub-standard lots belonging to the same owner are grouped together until they meet the current minimum lot size. So, by default, your friend may have only one or two lots.

Jack