Need MH during construction - Posted by TPnTX

Posted by TPnTX on March 19, 2001 at 12:14:08:

Hi Trish,
Yes I’m very capable of doing repairs.

My property is located 20 mins East of Rockwall off I-30. I’m hoping that my driveway/road might be finished this week since it hasn’t rained much in several days and the forecast is clear up till the end of this week. The dirt work on this 14’x800’ road has been done for weeks. I just can’t put any base rock down until it gets a chance to dry up a bit. So I figure I’m at least 6 months away from having a house. I suppose thats wishful thinking at this point. Thanks and by the way, what area are you located?

Need MH during construction - Posted by TPnTX

Posted by TPnTX on March 19, 2001 at 10:51:42:

I found this site while checking into buying a MH. I bought some land and am about to begin construction on my house. This years weather in TX is not cooperating. So instead of renting I’m considering buying a MH to place on my property to live in. I sounds as if I’d never be able to re-sale such a thing so it must be a buyers market. Would my best bet be to go to dealers looking at trade-ins, answer these repo ads or seek out individuals?
This really doesn’t pertain to this forum but I’d be very pleased to get some advice. My home burned last October and I sold the lot intending to build on this land fairly quick. I’m getting mu butt kicked by the weather and am renting an apartment right now.
tpntx@emrys.com

Re: Need MH during construction - Posted by Trish

Posted by Trish on March 19, 2001 at 11:08:04:

As a fellow Texan I empathize! My relocation/building plans are delayed indefinitely too, due to several months of rain here.

I’m just wondering where you are located, in case I may have some specific ideas to help you where you are.

Can you do any repair work on MH yourself…those that aren’t perfect are the best buys. If you know where and how to look you can find one for $2,000-$5,000 in fair shape. (But don’t forget it’s gonna cost you to move it.)

Let me know where you are. Thanks, and good luck!
Trish