Negotiations - Posted by Cappy

Posted by sheik on February 25, 1999 at 16:25:35:

Craig;

Just wonderin’ if you received the email I sent you.

~sheik

Negotiations - Posted by Cappy

Posted by Cappy on February 24, 1999 at 15:22:04:

Does anyone have any favorite books on negotiations? I have seen “getting to yes”, “getting past no” and the like, but I was curious if anyone out there had some favorites. thanks in advance.

Re: Sales job! - Posted by Dan Fink

Posted by Dan Fink on February 25, 1999 at 19:10:10:

Negotiations is nothing more then a big sales job! It is not about beating a deal back and forth. It is about selling yourself to the other party. If the like and trust you you get your way period.

I am two very different people, the first is a regular jeans a tee shirt kinda person who just wants the details and nothing more. how ever when it comes time to do a deal. I listen very carfuly when talking on the phone to that person. and simply present them the image they ask for.

If i am dealing with a profesional I am suit tie the work’s MR successful. If i am dealing with a beat up home owner i am poor ol Dan just trying to help them out of their problem. Once they see the image they are secure with I just sell them my deal and they take it no questions asked if they don’t i did one of two things wrong. A i did not deal with a motivated person or B I did not listen good enough and tell them back what they wanted to hear.

A little sale tip I learned a long time ago was to walk into someone office or home and look around. Find something personal and strike up a conversation about that. Your are now their new best freind and don’t best freinds always listen yor advise!

As a joke In my office hangs a large mounted fish when a salesman comes in and starts talking about how he is a fisherman to I rebut by saying, I HATE FISHING and what are you wanting to sell me now! That just throughs them off their game and now guess who is in control?

See it is all about perseption what they see and what you make them see!

Learn to control the other person and you will always get your way

Hope this helps DanFink

Re: Negotiations - Posted by Barry

Posted by Barry on February 25, 1999 at 16:38:47:

Dirk
My recommendation would be “Not One Dollar More” by Joseph Cummins. If I had not read it I would not be sitting in this house now.

Barry

I like - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on February 24, 1999 at 18:26:09:

San Tzu “Art of War” (good life book, applies even to mobile homes), Roger Fishers “Getting to Yes” audio series; Secrets of Power Persuasion by Roger Dawson (Soapy’s right anything by him is a pretty good bet); Negotiate to Close, by Garry Karrass and The Negotiating Game by Chester L. Karrass.

Cappy, your on the right track, the better negotiator you are the better deals your going to make happen.
Dirk Roach

Re: Negotiations - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on February 24, 1999 at 17:18:43:

Anything by Roger Dawson will work.

Negotiation: the 15 second seminar. - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on February 25, 1999 at 13:33:37:

Ask questions about what they want, Listen to answers, figure out solution to get them what they want, offer solution, listen to response, ask more questions about what they want, listen to response, figure out another solution, offer solution…and so on. When you ask questions about what they want, they see, feel or hear that you care. When they know you care, they will accept a solution that will get them what they want.

Re: Negotiations - Posted by NancyNC

Posted by NancyNC on February 24, 1999 at 19:31:27:

John Schaub has a tape set titled “Negotiating for Real Estate Investors”. He is an investor, he writes a newsletter and teaches seminars. He is good. I like his newsletter it is cheap.

You can contact him at PROSERVE CORP, 1938 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34236, (941)366-9024 or 800-237-9222