Never Invested - Posted by Doug-MI

Posted by derek on July 26, 2003 at 17:08:48:

Go through all the articles on this and other rei web sites. use a search engine to find related info websites. Also, type in “real estate investing courses” in the search engine and pick a low cost, all- around course to learn a broad spectrum of info regarding rei(also check ebay). After studying, choose a “specialty” you would like to be involved with, then order a course about that topic( ie flipping, l/o, rehabbing, etc.). This will get u learning the specifics about that particular field. have fun!

Never Invested - Posted by Doug-MI

Posted by Doug-MI on July 26, 2003 at 15:08:09:

I’ve never invested in real estate, but would like to start. Is there any
single good source of information about this? I’m a little uneasy about
infomercials that showcase a single product, yet that’s what I’m looking
for as a beginner. Am I on the right track?

Re: Never Invested - Posted by Steven

Posted by Steven on July 29, 2003 at 11:32:37:

Doug,

When I first started out, I could not afford the Sheets course on Tv. Instead, I would take a full day on Saturday or Sunday and spend my time at Barnes & Noble or Borders reading books on REI. Try this if your skeptical about REI.

Best of luck,

Steven
Kansas

Re: Never Invested - Posted by Linda Simms

Posted by Linda Simms on July 26, 2003 at 19:59:26:

You have already found the single greatest source of information. It is this site creonline! The next best is probably your local R.E. Investment Association (REIA). You will probably find more useful information in these two sources than all the so called infomercial Gurus combined.

Re: Never Invested - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on July 26, 2003 at 19:18:02:

Doug,

Derek has given you good advice. Ebay is a great way to pick up courses at a discount.

Also try books. There are so many out there on different subjects in REI.

By reading books with several points of view it may help you find your REI “niche” at an affordable price.

Best of luck,

RichV(FL)