New investor -- L/O question? - Posted by Michelle B.

Posted by SLS on March 30, 1999 at 13:14:22:

I try to avoid agents when offering lease options simply because of AGENT COMMISSIONS. If you can get the agent to stretch out their commission fees over a year or so than maybe you can make the numbers work.
In general though, I find it much easier to L/O properties FSBO or tired landlords.

New investor – L/O question? - Posted by Michelle B.

Posted by Michelle B. on March 30, 1999 at 11:54:34:

I’m a new investor and I’m sure this question’s been answered, but I couldn’t find it in the archives:

Is there anyone who’s done a L/O on a house that’s listed with an agent? If so, how? If not, why not? There are several long vacant ( 6 months+) homes here, but all are listed. Two, in particular, I think have potential. Thanks for any info./advice!
Michelle B. (MS)

here’s how it works at our house . . . - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on March 31, 1999 at 02:37:16:

I don’t believe in using real estate agents. Except on rare occasions, they provide a service for which I have little need or desire to employ.

So what do you do with a listed property?

You wait.

I send along a little note that says “call me once your listing expires.” Sometimes, they pass the note to their agent who gets all bent out of shape and leaves an ugly message on my voice mail . . . and sometimes they just call me themselves once the listing has expired.

Joe