new property investor in Oregon - Posted by Dan Stifle

Posted by Dan Stifle on December 03, 2000 at 23:14:09:

Hi Maria I just read your post.I invested in my first property in Eugenen and would love to eventually invest in Portland .Let me know how it goes.Thanks
Dan

new property investor in Oregon - Posted by Dan Stifle

Posted by Dan Stifle on November 25, 2000 at 13:03:23:

I am wanting to become a property investor in Oregon.It has been a lifelong dream.Basically I just want to make a lot of money in the future . I do not have money saved up but I am buying my first home now and work full time. Where do I start? I have read the Carlton Sheets program which helped me getinto this home.I am thinking about going to night school to get a real estate cerificate just for the knowledge and possibly to meet some connections Iam truly motivated but unsure of direction. Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: new property investor in Oregon - Posted by Doug

Posted by Doug on March 01, 2001 at 10:49:42:

I too am just starting in investing in real estate in oregon. I am reading the sheets course right now and would like to find a REI club to get connected with. Maybe we should chat some…

Re: new property investor in Oregon - Posted by Dave Mckee

Posted by Dave Mckee on November 25, 2000 at 18:02:01:

Dan.
You’re on the right track. The real estate courses will give you good usefull information, though not much on creative financing. Get aquainted with a hungry R.E.agent and have them bird dog good buys for you.
What part of Oregon are you located in?

Dave in Eugene

Re: new property investor in Oregon - Posted by Janice (OR)

Posted by Janice (OR) on November 28, 2000 at 20:48:49:

Hi Dave,
I’m a real estate agent in Eugene. I think I talked to you about your apartments downtown a couple of months ago. Nice to see you here.
Janice

Re: new property investor in Oregon - Posted by Maria H. Haberlock

Posted by Maria H. Haberlock on November 29, 2000 at 19:25:16:

Hello,
I’m a new comer to the Carlton Sheets program. I’m in my 10th chapter and my future goal is to become secure financially to quit my daily job & work from my home.
I’m in the motivation level of the course and really have not made any real estate calls. I have thaught of the Coach course of $2500 also. Looking on the net one person had stated he was very disappointed. Any one feel differently? PS. I live in the Portland area.

Re: new property investor in Oregon - Posted by Janice (OR)

Posted by Janice (OR) on November 29, 2000 at 21:29:56:

Hi Maria,
Wow, $2,500?
How is the market in Portland? Here, in Eugene, it’s turning into a buyer’s market. Sellers are starting to get more negotiable.
Janice

Re: new property investor in Oregon - Posted by kevin wan

Posted by kevin wan on November 29, 2000 at 20:24:16:

Hi Maria,
I saw Carlton Sheets infocommercial last night, and many times on TV in the past. I have not made a purchase yet, but on TV the program only costs $180 plus shipping. Do you enjoy the reading, and think it is real, or worth a try? Let me know. Thanks.

Re: new property investor in Oregon - Posted by Maria Haberlock

Posted by Maria Haberlock on November 29, 2000 at 22:46:45:

Hi Janice, I haven’t tested the waters here in Portland. I’ve just started the course and I’m feeling really positive about the outcome. I can’t get too negitive about it or I’ll see myself holding back. I hope it works out. Have you purchased any property? Thank you for responding, I hope to talk to you in the future. Good Luck.

Re: new property investor in Oregon - Posted by Maria Haberlock

Posted by Maria Haberlock on November 29, 2000 at 22:59:26:

Hi Kevin,
I do enjoy the reading considering I’m in my 10th chapter and several more to go. I’m pretty nervous about not feeling confident enough with others. But, once you continue and not give up. The first property is always the hardest and I’m told it gets easier.
You really have alot of help & support from the net.
That is just wonderful and accountability is important for me.Its not going to be easy and some effort has to go in this. But you have help, the help here if needed. I’m excited about it. Its worth a try. Think of it this way. If you buy a cross trainer and your saying your going to loose weight. Isn’t it what you put in it, the time & effort proves the whole outcome. Good Luck and wish me luck too.