New to the Game of Real Estate Investing - Colo - Posted by Carolyn Bonn

Posted by Bernadette on March 01, 2000 at 11:34:51:

Hi Carol,
I’ve had the program for 4yrs and was studying for about 8 months with a personal coach.I then bought my own first home with some of the tech.I’ve then put the course down only because of fear but now I’ve been studying for 1yr now.I study about 3or more hrs a day.Over and over again.I believe this is my ticket out.It’s over coming fear(for me) If you need to talk let me know send a note. /good luck

New to the Game of Real Estate Investing - Colo - Posted by Carolyn Bonn

Posted by Carolyn Bonn on March 01, 2000 at 10:58:44:

I recently ordered Carleton Sheets’s course. I have reading so many interesting stories on this site but, not quite got all the answers. Here are some of the questions I have:

1. Is this really possible for someone with bad credit and no real spendable cash at this time?

2. When can I see a increase in my spendable cash?

3. Are the techiques that are taught difficult to do? Which worked best for you?

4. How many hours a week do you work on your real estate investments in the being?

Thanks for your help,
Carol

Re: New to the Game of Real Estate Investing - Colo - Posted by Jim Holmes

Posted by Jim Holmes on March 04, 2000 at 01:00:16:

Carolyn,

I have had the program since August of '98. My net worth has gone from $60,000 to $202,000. I bought a house in Nov. 98 and another in December 98. In April of 99 I bought a duplex and two more houses. In October 99, I bought a house, rehabbed it and sold it 2 days ago for a $15,000 profit. At the end of this month I’m buying a 8-unit apartment building and a four-plex. After these aquisitions my cash flow should be about$2,500 after expenses and net worth should be at about $300,000.

I’m being successful…I still consider myself a newbie and I still sweat on every deal! Hang in there, learn and take risks.

Good Luck!

-Jim from Idaho

Re: New to the Game of Real Estate Investing - Colo - Posted by Darren

Posted by Darren on March 02, 2000 at 22:54:01:

I also am new to this. I believe the amount of hours put in is triple the amount in dollars! I’m located in Alaska, but I used to live in Colorado. Hopefully to return in the near future (Springs). Until then keep in touch maybe we can work together on some real estate techniques. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask about certain areas in Colorado, I also will keep in touch with any questions I might have.
Hang in there and keep reading over and over.That’s what I’m doing right now.

Peace

Darren