Newbie. Here's my plan. Suggestions? - Posted by Shonda Taylor,OH

Posted by Shenesa on May 25, 2000 at 14:10:03:

Hi Shonda,

From a newbie to a newbie. The only thing I can suggest to you is to purchase a course. Knowledge is power and the more ammunition you have the less you are likely to miss out on possible deals. I have found that it is not enough to get suggestions, but have a blue print,if I may, in your possession. Also read about the success stories on this forum and learn! learn! learn!

Happy investing.

Shenesa, NY

Newbie. Here’s my plan. Suggestions? - Posted by Shonda Taylor,OH

Posted by Shonda Taylor,OH on May 25, 2000 at 13:51:16:

Okay, Thanks again to William in Columbus and Fred for the post. I have just recently became a member of my local REIA although, I have not been to my first meeting (June 7,2000).
I look forward to meeting and networking with the investors in my area. Right now, I need some suggestions on how I should prepare myself for my introduction to my group–meaning the type of investments I plan to start with. I am sure that I will have plenty of knowledgeable hands @REIA but, at the same time, I would like some input from you guys-- my online REIA :slight_smile: So far here is my plan:

Step 1: Wholesale/Wholesale
Step 2: Wholesale/Retail
Step 3: Lease Options
Step 4: Tax Deeds

If you read this post and have knowledge on the areas please share with me your thoughts on where to begin. All my information comes from this site, I have not taken any courses as of yet, but very open to what is recommended.

Shonda

Re: Newbie. Here’s my plan. Suggestions? - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by Bill K. - FL on May 25, 2000 at 16:44:58:

Shonda,
If you want to get off to a fast start and not get discouraged I highly recommend you concentrate on lease options. There are many more sellers willing to go that route and you probably won’t have a lot of investor competition. Also you don’t need much $ to do them and credit is not a factor.