Newbie in Real Estate - Posted by Margalat

Posted by james on September 17, 2004 at 07:28:37:

margalat, If you are brand new to real estate the first thing you need to do is educate yourself. Your probably feeling a rush of adrenaline because you just want to jump on the scene immediately and “find someone to help you” to make money. But that is how most newbies fail. They do not take the time to educate themselves in the beginnning. And when there is no foundation nothing will stand. Believe me I have been there. now I am going to make an educated guess and say that you are totally new to real-estate. I could be wrong. But being brand new and finding someone to help you could shorten your learning curve but it could hurt you as well. I say this because if you have no info. on real-estate that person can only teach you what they know (or want you to know).Protect yourself from picking up bad habits before you begin! Because if you don’t have anything to gauge his/her opionions where does that leave you if they are wrong on some issue?(OR ISSUES!!) If I could do it all over again I would sit myself down and educate myself about this business “by myself” for no less than three weeks. Not allowing any local investors of any kind to interrupt your “foundation building period”. Read, and I mean read everything on this site.This site is a gold mine. Not only do you have lengthy informative articles but you have a large and ever growing community of individuals in the business. Purchase whatever you products you honeslty think will be beneficial for you. Pretty soon you will feel yourself being pulled to a type of investing (start small). After that then you start building your network of mentors and associates. This is a business. Join GA real-estate association. And if your heart is in this business the money will follow. Don’t know if I helped, but there are two types of newbies that enter the real estate game. Those in it for the long term and those in it for the short-term. The short-term newbie never makes it off the ground because they never built a solid foundation to begin with. Its as simple as that.

Newbie in Real Estate - Posted by Margalat

Posted by Margalat on September 16, 2004 at 20:59:29:

Brand new to real estate. Is there someone in the Stone Mountain, Georgia area who is willing to help me get started in this business?