Newbie investor - Posted by J Morgan

Posted by Jonathan Morgan on February 14, 2002 at 24:38:21:

Roberts Books are great. I have read every one of them. I am looking for specialized information. I want to take action and I am wanting to do it with an educated mind…

Thanks for the Responses

Newbie investor - Posted by J Morgan

Posted by J Morgan on February 08, 2002 at 01:13:10:

OK Folks,
I have been socking away cash for two years now. I have about $30,000 saved up. My only debt is my mortgage payment. I do have a wife and two children to consider, so I cant be too risky. Anyway, I am looking to get into investing seriousily. I just signed up with my local REIA group. I am wondering what type of deals I should try first. I have been studying the different creative ways of investing. I am wondering how most folks start off in my position. I want to learn the ropes and I am willing to take the time necessary to do so. Is there a particular Investing course or courses that anyone would reccomend for a newbie. Perhaps someone would like to share a stellar game plan that has worked for them…

Re: Newbie investor - Posted by Casey

Posted by Casey on February 13, 2002 at 22:59:14:

JMorgan,
I to agree with the reply made by Susie, in that Robert Kiyosaki’s books are a good place to start. I think one thing that Kiyosaki stresses and is very effective at communicating is that investing is a plan. Where to start that plan is TOTALLY RELATIVE to where you want it to end! Starting to invest without an extremely defined exit strategy is a bad idea. I think its super cool that you have $30,000 to begin investing, but PLEASE, don’t start investing just because you have the money, think it through, begining to end.

Re: Newbie investor - Posted by Susie

Posted by Susie on February 09, 2002 at 14:54:48:

J~
I too, am a NEWBIE. Maybe a good place to start would be to get the “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” books by Robert Kiyosaki. You can also read some excerpts from Amazon.com. It will help open your possibilities… and your mind. I found his books to be an essential ingredient in gaining knowledge for starting a sound financial foundation. You already have some cash…now gain some insight and start making it work for you!