Newbie needs help in determining next step... - Posted by Mary LAmbert

Posted by Jeff (FL) on April 14, 2000 at 24:41:38:

Mary,

Thanks for the quick reply. Foreclosed property can be a goldmine. Thanks again.

Regards,
Jeff (FL)

Newbie needs help in determining next step… - Posted by Mary LAmbert

Posted by Mary LAmbert on April 11, 2000 at 17:54:24:

Hi I am a newbie and have had some success in the past six months in my real estate dabblings. I have bought some property and flipped them. (Three properties for a profit of 72500) and have boght some property for holding and renting. I know that I am doing well but would like some additional knowledge. I have read the Carleton Sheets program and can credit this board with some wonderfuil information. Question What seminars and courses would benefit me most? I am not inc. and realize that I need that but which one? Please don’t bash anyone just constructive ideas on where to turn next? Thanks for all advice

Re: Newbie needs help in determining next step… - Posted by Jeff (FL)

Posted by Jeff (FL) on April 12, 2000 at 14:55:02:

Mary,

If I had just made $72,500 profit “dabbling” in real estate during the past 6 months, I don’t believe I’d be referring to myself as a newbie. Sounds like you’ve already got a great system. Why not tell us beginners how you managed to turn $72K?

Thanks,

Jeff (FL)

Newbie needs help in determining next step… - Posted by JoeB(Atlanta)

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on April 11, 2000 at 22:16:22:

Hi Mary, if you knew what avenue of investing you wanted to pursue additional knowledge in that would help pick courses/books a great deal.

Regardless, I can recommend or have talked to several others who can recommend the courses/books available from Kaiser, Bronchick, Scruggs, LeGrand (and most everyone that sells courses on this site, see top of this page).

Also would highly recommend you join your local REI club (list by State at top of this page, too) for networking and education.

Best of success,
Joe Brillante

Re: Newbie needs help in determining next step… - Posted by Mary LAmbert

Posted by Mary LAmbert on April 13, 2000 at 08:50:13:

I lucked into some very cheap foreclosure properties. One house I bougght for 12000 and sold it 2 weeks later for 48000. Still under appraisal value so the other guy felt he got a good deal. Just want to refine my process and make even better deals.

Re: Newbie needs help in determining next step… - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on April 14, 2000 at 04:05:27:

Mary-

Please detail the “lucked into” procedure. Many of us foreclosure newbies buy useless, overpriced lists and go through trial and error figuring what works and what doesn’t. Have you submitted a success story to J.P. on this so that we can learn?

-Thanks, Chris