Newbie Successes and NO prior experience--Carlton Sheets - Posted by Terry

Posted by Bob Davis on May 29, 2000 at 06:17:21:

Right Kent, It also takes nerve if your not use to investing. Like anything else new, it takes time to gain confidence. Although you can do “no money down” deals, it is still nerve racking. I have done several deals and see they do work, but the stress is stil there. They system will work. Good luck. Bob

Newbie Successes and NO prior experience–Carlton Sheets - Posted by Terry

Posted by Terry on May 27, 2000 at 17:25:11:

This message is actually for those who are successful with the Carlton Sheets REI method and had NO PRIOR Real Estate/REI experience or anything similar:

I received the CS REI kit a few days ago. To be honest, I’m a little apprehensive about the program since I have no prior experience in Real Estate/REI. Most of the feedback I’ve received (although positive) has been from those who have had–at minimum–remote experience in Real Estate/REI.

In conclusion, I’m interested in knowing the success rate of those who are doing well with the program and had NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE (including similar experiences) in Real Estate/REI. I’m sure this will be an added confidence builder. Otherwise, I will be returning the program! Thanks.

Terry

Re: Newbie Successes and NO prior experience–Carlton Sheets - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on June 06, 2000 at 06:19:53:

Terry,
Good to see a newcomer. Myself, when I started some 4 yrs ago, I bought books (from stores) and a course from another instructor. Same general information from a different angle then Carleton (Givens). That was my start. Over a time I have bought several books and courses from all kind of instructors. Each do have something to contribute.

I do like Carleton’s approaches on buying. BUT I needed an alternitive to HOLDING. “Even if I have 5 million dollars worth of property under control, I NEED to pay bills on Friday!” CASH FLOW was the ticket. Most of the houses I bought, at first, I FLIPPED to generate serious cash flow. When I was secure, then I started looking for property to hold.

Re: Newbie Successes and NO prior experience–Carlton Sheets - Posted by TONY

Posted by TONY on June 04, 2000 at 01:37:51:

Although I’m far from wildly wealthy, I just turned 20 last month and I also just closed on my 3rd unit. So far I have learned that success is just the progressive realization of a worthy ideal. Happy Investing.

Re: Newbie Successes and NO prior experience–Carlton Sheets - Posted by Ray

Posted by Ray on May 28, 2000 at 23:57:53:

I bought my own home using one of the methods outlined in the course. It is alot of work.It is not easy. (Going through a real estate agent would be easy , but more costly.) He really makes it seem like a walk in the park, doesnt he.Ha Ha. Get out there and try it. Even if you only buy one good property for REI you will have some basis for the future. $$$

Re: Newbie Successes and NO prior experience–Carlton Sheets - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on May 27, 2000 at 22:02:50:

If that’s what your looking for and wanting to hear about then I suggest going back and watching the inforcommercial again. All those people appearing on it are REAL PEOPLE that were in your shoes before ordering the course. I know this is true since I know of one of those people that appeared on the show.

Re: Newbie Successes and NO prior experience–Carlton Sheets - Posted by Kent TN

Posted by Kent TN on May 27, 2000 at 18:34:10:

I purchased the Sheets course about 2 years ago. I had no prior experience in real estate and did not know about this site at the time. About 4 months after purchasing the course, I was able to purchase a condo with about 95% owner financing. It wasn’t a very creative deal, but before I ordered the course I didn’t even know what owner financing was. Carleton pushes buy and hold strategies. If I could go back, I would probably buy a Legrand course first. My condo is rented and I have had little trouble with it. It’s not making me rich, but in 18 years when it’s paid off and I still collect rent at $650-750 a month, I won’t be complaining. Any person can order a course. It takes dedication and will to put the knowledge to work.

Re: Newbie Successes and NO prior experience–Carlton Sheets - Posted by Shay

Posted by Shay on June 09, 2000 at 13:51:35:

DEAR TERRY,
HOW HARD IS IT? I’M THINKING ABOUT DOING THIS RIGHT NOW. I HAVE NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE BUT I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD CHANCE TO AT LEAST ACQUIRE A HOME AS I DON’T HAVE ANY WAY TO DO SO AND HAVE A TWELVE YEAR OLD AND A HUSBAND ON PERMANENT DISABILITY. I KNOW ANYTHING WORTH HAVING IS WORTH WORKING FOR AND AM WILLING TO DO THE WORK, BUT JUST WHAT AM I LOOKING AT?
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE AND COMMENTS. THANKS