Nice deal - Posted by Sheik

Posted by chris_wa on April 28, 2000 at 10:49:17:

let me see if i got this straight…you made her an offer several months ago of $6,600, yes? Then she calls you back early april and says, “i’ll listen to your offer but the lowest i will go is $5,000.” hmmm
sounds like she is quite the negotiator. if i understand this correctly she negotiated herself out of 1,600 bucks! people never cease to amaze me. and hey, if you would have bought at 6,600 like you offered, you still would have had yourself a nice little deal! what a business!

thanks for sharing

chris_wa

Nice deal - Posted by Sheik

Posted by Sheik on April 28, 2000 at 08:39:08:

Here’s a deal I recently completed.

I contacted an elderly lady in January who wanted to sell. Her price is $10K for a 1962 12X55 (yep, this goes to show how the MH market vary from place to place). I told her the best I can do is $6,600, She says No Deal. I left my number and went about my merry way.

Got a call from her late February. Said she is willing to listen to my offer but the lowest she’ll go is $5K! I told her I’d take it. She said she wanted to move in May so I start marketing the property early April.

Just closed yesterday -
Purchase price $5K
Sell price $10,500
Down payment $3K
Monthly payment $275 for 32 months
Ad cost $24
Park Rent $0
Yield 160%

Sheik

Re: Nice deal - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on April 30, 2000 at 16:40:00:

Hi Sheik,

You’ve shown two very important ingredients for success?patience and “walk away power”. Congratulations.

Lonnie

P.S. Your prices blow my socks off.