No money,no job, no car??? - Posted by AngieC

Posted by MilNC on March 20, 2000 at 11:33:29:

Yes, some of them.

uReach.com for voicemail, fax email. I found out about this from a long discussion on this board about a month
ago. I did a lot of internet searches on the subject.
Basic service is free you get a toll -free number, the cost for incoming
calls was not too much, and it’s a permanent number and you get many other service. I thought this would appeal especially to someone who
might be moving, and not want to lose contacts.

I also have efax which has a free basic service and also has
a very inexpensive enhanced service.

I would say get serveral free ISP’s, in case one goes
down. Put the free email address on your business cards,
like hotmail.com
Angie already seems to have a free ISP.
They are good to have even if you have a paid ISP.
I like back-up.

There are other different types of services for which I could get a month
free service per referral, but so could Angie, So if she took that service, someone here could put her down
as a referral and help her out. This is just one of those ‘refer a friend’ things, not MLM. Like I said, these are money saving tips more than money making tips. I think there is
an expanding amount of competition and services for
business need–answering services, internet faxes, etc.
More services pop up everyday. I was attempting to address the issue of someone who might not have a fax
machine, pager, etc. Also, even if you have a fax
machine, it’s good sometimes to use efax or one of the
other services that sends fax to your email, because it
saves ink! Or, if you’re out of ink cartridges, it’s a nice backup!

The other ideas were more directly related to inexpensive services
that would help in REI but that I have a financial interest in, and may not be of immediate need, so I won’t post here.

Ann

No money,no job, no car??? - Posted by AngieC

Posted by AngieC on March 19, 2000 at 20:25:06:

My husband just left me after 12 years of marriage. I have no money, no job and no transportation. I have no idea what to do next or even where to begin. We both have been reading this website for awhile and thought about trying some of the things in here.
Is there anything I can do to get started with nothing? Can someone please help me please?

Thank you all and God Bless You

I forgot to mention… - Posted by MilNC

Posted by MilNC on March 20, 2000 at 18:54:35:

Free help for computer and internet problems.

Thanks - Posted by AngieC

Posted by AngieC on March 20, 2000 at 10:10:47:

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who sent me an email and thanks for the encouraging words. I’m going to start looking in the paper today for some property to buy. God willing, what I’m reading in these groups will work for me.

Thanks all

Re: No money,no job, no car??? - Posted by MilNC

Posted by MilNC on March 20, 2000 at 09:24:54:

Angie, email me and I can summarize some inexpensive-
to-free ideas. Let me know what state you are in.
Ann

Re: No money,no job, no car??? - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on March 20, 2000 at 01:51:09:

If you have some time to do reading I would recommend that you go to the library and pick up a copy of Robert Allen’s book The Challenge. It is out of print and hard to find to buy-but most libraries have a copy.

-Chris

You’ve Got Friends Here - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on March 19, 2000 at 21:12:02:

Angie,

First of all, let me say I’m terribly sorry to hear about the recent upheaval in your life. It’s fortunate that you’ve been reading this site for awhile. You’ll find all of the support that you need right here.

What area of RE investing were you considering? If you have no experience, I’d suggest that you attend a local REI club meeting. Make it a point to make contact with someone who could use a good “bird dog” to bring them leads. However, you will most likely need some form of transportation to make this work. Nonetheless, finding deals for other investors can pay fairly well. And, if you find the right investor, they might walk you through the entire transaction for the leads you provide. So, you’ll gain a valuable education at the same time.

This is just one idea. I’m sure that others will post as well.

I hope this helps, and that this is the start of a successful future for you. Good luck to you.

Sincerely,
Bill K. (AZ)

Re: No money,no job, no car??? - Posted by Judy

Posted by Judy on March 20, 2000 at 09:33:00:

Ann,

Could you share your inexpensive-to-free ideas with us all?

Thanks