Official Term for this Type of Building? - Posted by Dazed and Confused

Posted by FwdCap on July 25, 2007 at 13:35:24:

I believe if they have each their own folio number, it’s warehouse/condo. However, if they all belong to the same folio and are all attached and contained in this “strip-like” building, I’d call it simply warehouse. My 2 cents… Ray?

Official Term for this Type of Building? - Posted by Dazed and Confused

Posted by Dazed and Confused on July 24, 2007 at 17:50:41:

What is the term you guys use for the following type of commercial building?

Building has several units that consist of a large roll-up door and a “storefront”. The units are in a row kind of like a strip-mall.

The type of tenants I see in these are the auto glass repair guys, floor tile guys, etc. The types of mom and pop small businesses that need storage/work space and a retail front.

Would these be classified as Warehouse/Condos’s? Except that the ones I see aren’t really condos they’re leased.

Thanks,
Dazed

Re: Official Term for this Type of Building? - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on July 25, 2007 at 07:26:49:

Dazed,

Sounds like what I call office/warehouse, also known as flex space.

ray

Lotsa Flex Space Buildings Out There - Posted by Dazed and Confused

Posted by Dazed and Confused on August 03, 2007 at 11:12:43:

>>…Sounds like what I call office/warehouse, also known as flex space…<<

Thanks for the reply, Ray.

I never really noticed these buildings before but once I did, I now see them everywhere. Kinda like when you buy a new car you then notice all the ones like yours on the road.

The one thing I noticed about the flex space units in my neck of the woods is…they’re all FULL!

In my travels I don’t believe I’ve seen a vacant unit yet.

So, that got me thinking about constructing some of these buildings and leasing the units.

I’ll talk to a local CRE broker and see what the lay of the land is here for this.

Thanks again.
Dazed