Ok, enough whining from me- I can DO this! - Posted by Michele Plotts

Posted by HR on February 07, 2001 at 17:05:01:

you will be glad you did. Good luck!

HR

Ok, enough whining from me- I can DO this! - Posted by Michele Plotts

Posted by Michele Plotts on February 05, 2001 at 11:45:36:

I’m so thankful to everyone on this message board. Apparently I was waisting my time in the board on the www.changingcourse.com website. Everyone on that site wants a different life, but nobody knows what or how to get there. I know what I want, and thanks to all the books and research I’ve done, and the posts on this board, I feel I am so much closer to succeeding! I totally forgot about the email that I received about the Convention here in Atlanta next month, and I will do everything in my power to make it. If any of you plan on attending this convention, could you let me know? I will probably be going by myself and would love it if there were people there that I’ve at least talked to (here). Also, is there anyone that lives in Atlanta that would like to be a mentor? I would work for free in exchange for knowledge and experience! Let me know :slight_smile:

Georgia reia. - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on February 06, 2001 at 02:44:48:

You appear to be from Atlanta. Do you know you have one of the largest, and best, real estate investing groups in the country? No better mentoring than that.

HR

Re: Ok, enough whining from me- I can DO this! - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on February 05, 2001 at 13:31:28:

If you’d like some help getting started or just some general words of encouragement from someone who’s been there, done that, feel free to e-mail me off the board. I’ll be going to the convention as well. I’m not a newbie any more and have been doing deals for a while, so I may be able to at least give you some good ideas on getting started. Let me know if you’re interested. (Remember to remove the NOSPAM from my e-mail address.)

What a difference… - Posted by Charles Steed

Posted by Charles Steed on February 05, 2001 at 12:32:47:

a day makes.

Re: Georgia reia. - Posted by Michele

Posted by Michele on February 06, 2001 at 09:03:08:

I didn’t realize it was one of the largest. I had tried to do some research on it a few months ago, but the website was down. I looked at it today and discovered they only meet on Mondays. I have two jobs right now and work all day (8:30am - 10pm.) As soon as I sell my house, get caught up on my debt, and quit my second job I will definately join. (Oops, there I go again making excuses.) They have a great website too, when it works.

Re: What a difference… - Posted by Michele

Posted by Michele on February 05, 2001 at 13:31:45:

All I need is positive support and “a little help from my friends!”

Actually… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on February 06, 2001 at 17:45:18:

Michele,

I think you should call them. I don’t think you fully grasp how big and good they are. They have SO many active members, they have their own office, their own paid office staff, their own excellent well-stocked library whose materials can be taken out any time (not just Mondays) by members, etc. I’m sure they also have meetings happening just about every day of the week: rehabbers subgroup, lease option subgroup, etc.

You are missing the boat. Do your homework again, so you can take advantage of what they offer. If you don’t, I can’t begin to tell you what you are missing. It would be like going to battle with a balloon. Why not enter with a Sherman Tank?

HR

Re: Actually… - Posted by Michele

Posted by Michele on February 06, 2001 at 21:40:24:

Ok, I’ll give them a call and let you know how it goes. Thanks!