Opinion's please. - Posted by Fl. Kevin

Posted by investorrob on February 25, 2002 at 11:35:35:

Randy
If this is the first meeting with that seller that says give me a price. Let them know that you do not care if they sell to you by stating Well I have some other mobiles I am looking at today. From what I have seen so far this mobile home does need some work. I will look at the others to see how they compare. However I do buy all cash, if that price fits my guide lines we can come to a deal quickly. Show them you don’t care by saying. Why not try to sell it at your price. but if you want all cash and can’t sell please call me back. Then give them your card with your ph number. Then start to leave and as you open the car door say. What would be your lowest price if I paid you all cash today. And if they still will not move by stating a price, tell them I do have to look at the other mobiles now. The best of luck to you folks. Then leave

I know it is tempting to give a price, but instead do not give a reply with a price. Reply by skirting around that price and show them you can wait you have others you need to see and they are the ones that need to sell. Then if they call back or you stop by in a week. Keeping in touch and using this same basic idea. You will find a Lonnie deal in the target price range. Expect to see them in the home at 3 to 5 times before you get your target price.

The very best if investing to you.

investorrob

Opinion’s please. - Posted by Fl. Kevin

Posted by Fl. Kevin on February 24, 2002 at 20:49:05:

Hello all,
First off, this chat board has become my favorite “T.V. program” now, other than watching the real thing. Can’t wait to help others after I do get some experience under my belt. I’m working on this one, but if you could put your two cents in>thanks! This 1988 14X56 2bdrm.,1 bath dbl. wide has been on the market for awhile (1 year) & has even reduced from $9,500 to $8,000 from what she say’s. New roof-over(dbl.roof). Lot rent is $235.00 Owner already has A bigger home to move into somewhere else. I’ve seen the out side of the MH & I’m sure that I could knit-pic the price down once I see the inside (maybe). What do you think so far? Thanks, Kevin.

Do the Lonnie shuffle - Posted by investorrob

Posted by investorrob on February 24, 2002 at 22:39:06:

Kevin

Well this could work if you act as if you don’t care if she sells it to you are not. The advise given before is good but I want to share with you some of what seems to me, to be what your missing from the books. What you want to do on any deal is Ask her or any seller (Is that the lowest you can go?) or (What is the Lowest you can go?)

Remember these lines and use them often and as you leave ask again. If this is the first time you have talked with the seller you might also say (Well why don’t you try and sell it --see if you can get a cash offer or any offer at that price. But if you can’t sell it then give me a call)—but again ask are you sure that that is the lowest you can go.

If and when they call you back they know that they will be giving you a lower price than before.

Please reread the book --you will see that it takes several visits to get the mobile home down to the $2000 to $4000 Lonnie range by Asking each visit is that the lowest they can go on the price.

That is why I call it the shuffle you need to get them calling you a couple times. Or even stopping back in a week after your last visit. Each time letting them know you will pay cash --but don’t you name the price let them name it bet it will be lower each trip.

Your the one that is not in a hurry to buy. Let them become the one that needs to sell quickly at our target price. Then when they get so in need to move out they will name that target price you can pay and double your money on.

I would fall to the ground in shock I think if some one just came down to our target price the second time I ask them----( Is that your lowest price.) LOL

Kevin Get it !!ASK IS THAT THE LOWEST YOU CAN GO!! LOL go get them Tiger. Your lonnie deal is just around the corner.

Took me over 2 months to get my first one.

The very best of investing to you
investorrob

Re: Opinion’s please. - Posted by tom (WA)

Posted by tom (WA) on February 24, 2002 at 20:57:52:

Kevin,

Same problem as the the last one. Can you sell this for $16,000? Probably not. She is not yet motivated enough. Tell her to call you when she is more flexible.

Tom

Re: Opinion’s please. - Posted by GerryH VA

Posted by GerryH VA on February 24, 2002 at 20:54:39:

Do more than knit pick!

Let her name her lowest cash price that she would take for the mobile home. Once she gets down to her lowest, than make her an offer Lonnie Style!
Good Luck

GerryH

Re: Do the Lonnie shuffle - Posted by Fl. Kevin

Posted by Fl. Kevin on February 25, 2002 at 19:53:14:

investorrob,
Rob, your the reason why people like me can always use A lttle help. Your wright, you know. I will re-read both books (maybe twice). Wow!? Two whole long months to make A deal, eh? I can see now for my sake & of other’s that education is A must! I may take A little longer, but I will do it. Thanks again man!

Fl. Kevin

Re: Do the Lonnie shuffle - Posted by Randy_OH

Posted by Randy_OH on February 25, 2002 at 08:56:51:

You ask them what is the lowest they can go and they say: What will you pay? Make me an offer. What do you say to that? Do you make an offer?

Re: Opinion’s please. - Posted by Fl. Kevin

Posted by Fl. Kevin on February 24, 2002 at 21:07:09:

Tom,
Yes Tom you are wright about that, thanks man.

Thanks GerryH VA - Posted by Fl. Kevin

Posted by Fl. Kevin on February 25, 2002 at 20:11:14:

Gerry,
Yes. I will do this! Thanks!

Fl. Kevin

Re: Opinion’s please. - Posted by Fl. Kevin

Posted by Fl. Kevin on February 24, 2002 at 21:09:27:

GerryH,
10-4! Will let ya know if anything happens on this one.

Thanks Randy. - Posted by Fl. Kevin

Posted by Fl. Kevin on February 25, 2002 at 19:56:51:

Randy,
Your very wright! I’m getting that into my head now LOL! Thanks Randy. Fl. Kevin