OPTIONS - Posted by Matt KY

Posted by Matt KY on July 05, 2002 at 11:39:22:

“Option: Collect your assignment fee as soon as you assign your option. Don’t wait for settlement. Your buyer might not exercise the option, in which case you forfeit the option premium you have in the deal.”

Example: I have an option on a $150k house. I find a buyer that will pay $200k. But all of his downpayment money is going to the bank when he gets financing. Hes not going to cut me a check for $50k. so i would think that even though i would rather assign it and be done, i would have to wait for closing.

thanks for the help!

OPTIONS - Posted by Matt KY

Posted by Matt KY on July 05, 2002 at 24:05:56:

Lease option: i get paid when t/b gives me $3k-$5k assignment fee. im done.

Option: i get paid by finding a buyer to pay more than i agreed to pay in the option agreement… BUT, how do i get the money?? probably a dumb question, but do i assign the option agreement to the new buyer, or do i get a check at closing?

thanks for the input!

Re: OPTIONS - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Dave T on July 05, 2002 at 24:53:44:

Lease Option: You aren’t really done until you get a release of liability from the seller.

Option: Collect your assignment fee as soon as you assign your option. Don’t wait for settlement. Your buyer might not exercise the option, in which case you forfeit the option premium you have in the deal.

Just my opinion.