Oregon Dealing - Posted by Mike Sanders

Posted by BTI on July 20, 2007 at 09:09:50:

Mike

You should confirm this, but I would read it to mean you need a main place of business, much like a real estate broker has an office he works out of even though he actually has inventory all over town, or even the state.

Depending on other laws that could be a home office, but I don’t think it requires having all your stock in your driveway.

A call to the powers that be for a clarification will only cost a buck, or two, and clear it up, and if they have a website, browse it and look at the other licensee’s status, etc., it should be public info. Plus check what a few licensed dealers in your area are doing.

BTI

Oregon Dealing - Posted by Mike Sanders

Posted by Mike Sanders on July 19, 2007 at 14:39:18:

Hi, I’ve been reading over the site for a couple months now and have become very interested in buying and selling manufactured homes. However, Oregon seems to make this a bit more complicated then most states.

I’ve been doing my best to find out what licenses I will require exactly. However, the wording on the Manufactured Structures Dealer license is kind of confusing. It reads:

“A business or person holding this license may sell new and used manufactured structures and recreational vehicles at a single location.”

What exactly do they mean by “a single location?” Do they mean for a specific park? You can purchase additional licenses if you wish to buy and sell at other locations. But that wording is extremely vague.

Has anyone on this site done business in Oregon and might be able to give me a little advice?

Re: Oregon Dealing - Posted by DavidGOR

Posted by DavidGOR on July 25, 2007 at 15:43:16:

Mike,

I knew of someone who did this in Salem and simply got
the license you are speaking of and that’s it. It’s
good that you want to do everything above-board but
unless someone or some business asks you for some other
license or ‘permission’ to do business, then you
should get started with what you know. You can also
just ask any MH dealers that come along. You may come
across one who will really help you out more than you
expect and give you all the insiders info.

Let me know if you know of a plot of land for sale for a MH.
I’m looking to move a MH from a Beaverton park to
somewhere as close as possible to Beaverton.
Send me an email to sgooey at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

Re: Oregon Dealing - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on July 21, 2007 at 21:36:42:

I do not find the wording confusing. They are referring to your main business location. Of course, you can order a mfg home from a manufacturer and have it delivered directly to a customer location without it going through your place of business. Your location would be where your phone, desk and files are located.