Palm Pilot? - Posted by BRnBA

Posted by DC (IL) on March 23, 1999 at 12:35:58:

is used as a personal information manager. Things like contact management, email, calendaring, etc. as well as installing specialty programs like a finance calculator.

They run about $195 to $350 or so and they are fast gaining popularity.

Palm Pilot? - Posted by BRnBA

Posted by BRnBA on March 23, 1999 at 09:54:54:

What is it? What can it do for me where RE Investing is concerned?

Re: Palm Pilot? - Posted by HankM

Posted by HankM on March 23, 1999 at 14:27:33:

I keep my contacts/phone numbers in it. And I’ve got a financial calculator program that does the basic PV/Pmt/FV stuff … so that is one less thing to drag around. I use the calander too, but I really am not that good a keeping a calander period, so the electronic version isn’t much help … I keep most of that in me head.

If you USE it and abandon the paper versions, it saves a lot of weight and space … the important thing is to synch it with your desktop regularly and back it up …

Hank

What do you want it to do? - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 23, 1999 at 14:23:24:

BRnBA,

You may want to give some thought to what your needs are. My new palm IIIx keeps hundreds of contacts and information with me at all times. I just started using ACT 4.0 as my information manager to follow-up on offers, and the palm allows me to have much of that info on me at all times. I’m glad I switched over to ACT and the palm, but it has taken some work and effort.

It’s use is not overly restrictive. The question is: What do you need it for?

HR