Park manager just gave me a beat-up SW MH... - Posted by Debra(SC)

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on April 17, 2000 at 11:44:26:

Keeping it somewhere is probably not worth the price…what year is it? Are there no other parks that’ll take it? When must it be moved? Do you have to pay the lot rent where it’s at? It MAY not be worth it…I’ve turned down lot’s of “freebie’s” that needed moved based on condition of the trailer…wouldn’t be lucrative after move & repairs. What kind of shape is it in?

John Hyre

Park manager just gave me a beat-up SW MH… - Posted by Debra(SC)

Posted by Debra(SC) on April 17, 2000 at 10:57:25:

an elderly couple lived in it and the husband died, wife sent to live with children. All I have to do it haul it away. I have talked to some investors who buy homes in need of repairs. All I want is a finder’s fee if one of them takes it, but how do I get them to look at it without them just going to the park manager and getting it for free from her? Is there some kind of contract I can use saying the trailer is mine? I really don’t want it if I can’t flip it to someone. Park manager wants it off the lot because they are upgrading to all 14-wides+

Can any of you MH experts help me?

Re: Park manager just gave me a beat-up SW MH… - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on April 17, 2000 at 11:20:37:

You’ll eventually have to get title to convey it to someone else and not end up acting as a broker. At least get an option…or just take manager’s word that it’s yours. That’s a judgment call- my managers have proven to be very trustworthy, so we do a number of deals on a handshake and do the legally necessary paperwork when it needs done. There are other mangagers who are as trustworthy as our current Perjurer in Chief…again, it’s a judgment call. Why not move it yourself and create a note? If you need money, cut a deal with one of the investors.

John Hyre

John, I would like to move it, but have no place to put it… - Posted by Debra(SC)

Posted by Debra(SC) on April 17, 2000 at 11:26:13:

until I can cut a deal with an investor. I definitely do not want to refurb the thing myself. Just want to make a little money off of this “gift.” Where can I store it so investors can take a look at it?