Park owner giving me unoccupied homes in park! - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by brad on April 26, 2002 at 11:01:10:

looks like gold from where i am at, do you have a list farmed up yet of buyers. is she giving you lot rent while you do the repairs? if not ask, she will, if you feel that you could sell them i would finance them to get more out of them,

Park owner giving me unoccupied homes in park! - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Bill Taylor on April 25, 2002 at 23:24:55:

Had a park manager that owns 2 parks with unoccupied homes in them. She briefly discussed givng me the homes if I will fix them up and keep them in her park. Of course she wants me to get them operating so she can get income from them in the form of lot rents . Any income I cn get from them in the ofrm of paymnets would of course be mine. Any ideas here on this project. I know a lot of these homes are in bad shape. Do you think i would be better l/o them or selling on contract?

Re: Park owner giving me unoccupied homes in park! - Posted by brad

Posted by brad on April 26, 2002 at 11:07:49:

looks like gold from where i am at, do you have a list farmed up yet of buyers. is she giving you lot rent while you do the repairs? if not ask, she will, if you feel that you could sell them i would finance them to get more out of them,your only expense will be to market, and to repair. if you have the time labor can be really cheep, you could also do a handyman special and get someone to help you by giving them one that they have to pay space rent on. that idea is stolen from Doc. i have been using it alot lately, so you give them a free trailor that they have to fix thereself,and in return you get free labor to fix free trailors that you get to sell for a profit. just don’t tell your handy person that they are free. oh and one more thing your park owner will be advertising. find out how many homes are there and what her vacency rate is.